John Giouroukakis provides creative and commercially astute counsel to sophisticated financial investors in a range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures.
A nationally renowned private equity practitioner, Mr. Giouroukakis regularly advises on leveraged buyouts, investments, and dispositions. He brings particular experience in transactions involving the healthcare sector. Mr. Giouroukakis also advises both public and private companies on general corporate matters.
Mr. Giouroukakis has served on the firm’s Pro Bono, Paralegal Administration, and Associates Committees.
Mr. Giouroukakis has received broad industry recognition for his influential legal work. His honors include being selected as a Rising Star by Law360 for his role in high-profile private equity transactions. He has also been selected as a 40 Under 40 East M&A Advisor finalist by M&A Advisor, as a key partner in Latham’s Private Equity Practice by The Legal 500 US, and as a Noted Practitioner for Corporate/M&A by Chambers USA. Additionally, Mr. Giouroukakis has received New York Law Journal’s Lawyers Who Lead by Example Award: Pro Bono Award for his pro bono work.
Mr. Giouroukakis' representative M&A experience includes advising:
Private Equity Transactions
- Leonard Green & Partners in dozens of transactions, including its:
- Acquisition (together with Ares Management and other coinvestors) of Press Ganey Associates
- Acquisition of WCG Market Intelligence & Insights
- Sale of portfolio company MDVIP to West Street Capital Partners
- Sale of portfolio company US Renal Care to an investor group led by Bain Capital
- Sale of portfolio company Tank Holdings to Olympus Partners
- Sale of portfolio company Packers Sanitation Services to affiliates of Blackstone
- More than US$4 billion take-private leveraged acquisition (together with TPG Capital and other coinvestors) of Life Time Fitness
- BC Partners
in numerous transactions, including the:
- US$3.4 billion merger of portfolio company Cyxtera Technologies with Starboard Value Acquisition Corp.
- Sale of equity interests in US-based Suddenlink Communications to Netherlands-based Altice, for a total enterprise value of US$9.1 billion, and its 30% equity investment in the acquisition by Altice of New York-based Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Leveraged buyout of Zest Dental Solutions
- US$16 billion acquisition of Intelsat
- Preferred equity investment in Office Depot for US$350 million
- Odyssey Investment Partners in dozens of transactions, including its:
- Acquisition of ProPharma Group
- Acquisition of Protective Industrial Products
- Acquisition of Barcodes
- Acquisition of Aramsco
- Sale of portfolio company EAG Laboratories to Eurofins Scientific
- Acquisition of TrialCard
- Sale of portfolio company Duravant to affiliates of Warburg Pincus
- Cinven in numerous transactions, including the:
- Acquisition of Jaggaer
- Acquisition of National Seating & Mobility
- US$900 million leveraged acquisition of Medpace
- Lindsay Goldberg in its acquisition of Creation Technologies
- Cooper Investment Partners in its control equity investment in Quintillion, an Alaska-based telecommunications company
Strategic M&A Transactions
- CPA Global in its US$6.8 billion business combination with Clarivate
- Harry’s in its US$1.37 billion merger with Edgewell Personal Care
- Israel Chemicals in the approximately US$1 billion sale of its fire safety and oil additives business to SK Capital, a private investment firm
- Spotify in its minority equity investment in the music distribution service DistroKid