Jiyeon Lee-Lim primarily advises clients on international and corporate tax, with a particular emphasis on financial products, capital markets transactions, securitization transactions, and cross-border tax planning.
Jiyeon Lee-Lim currently serves as the firm's Global Chair of the Tax Department.
Ms. Lee-Lim is on the executive committee of Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) and the secretary of the Tax Section. She is a member of the Tax Forum. Ms. Lee-Lim previously served as the Global Chair of the firm’s International Tax Practice, and is ranked by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, and The Legal 500 US as a notable practitioner. She has been named to Tax Authority’s Influential Women in Tax Law by Law360.
Ms. Lee-Lim has represented a large number of US and multinational financial institutions in connection with a wide range of financing transactions and debt and equity derivatives, and advised many investment managers in asset-backed securities offerings and other structured finance transactions.
She has also represented numerous US and international corporations in connection with private and registered securities offerings as well as corporate reorganizations and international tax planning and advised sovereign investors and non-US institutions in connection with inbound investments into the United States.
Ms. Lee-Lim’s experience includes representing:
- Coinbase Global in its initial public offering on the Nasdaq Global Select Market
- ReNew Power in its merger agreement with RMG Acquisition Corporation, and subsequent initial public offering on the Nasdaq Global Select Market
- The senior creditors committee in relation to the rescue financing and subsequent €2.4 billion debt and equity restructuring of Swissport, a global aviation services business headquartered in Switzerland
- Spotify in its US$1.3 billion exchangeable senior notes offering
- Hyundai Motor Group in its US$1.1 billion acquisition of Boston Dynamics
- Preventice Solutions in its US$1.2 billion acquisition by Boston Scientific
- Nexters Global in its US$1.9 billion merger with Kismet One Acquisition Corp.
- The US$250 million offering of additional “green bond” senior secured notes by Clearway Energy Operating LLC
- The US$1.6 billion offerings of common stock and mandatory convertible preferred stock by Danaher Corporation
- Amphenol Corporation’s €500 million senior notes
- Digital Realty in connection with its US$8.4 billion acquisition of Interxion Holding
- Bank of America in connection with the US$863 million convertible notes offering by Booking Holdings
- Weatherford in connection with its chapter 11 case involving a restructuring of US$8.6 billion in debt with collateral spanning the globe
- Hyundai Motor in connection with its US$4 billion joint venture with Aptiv to form an autonomous driving platform
- A consortium of banks in bank/bond financing for Altice’s €17 billion acquisition of SFR from Vivendi
- Actavis in connection with its US$25 billion acquisition of Forest Lab
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in connection with its US$17.7 billion MTN program