Jiyeon Lee-Lim currently serves as the firm's Global Chair of the Tax Department.
Ms. Lee-Lim was on the Executive Committee of Tax Section of the New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) and a Co-Chair of the NYSBA Tax Section Committee on Securitizations and Structured Finance from 2003 to 2013. She is a member of the Tax Forum. Ms. Lee-Lim previously served as the head of the firm’s International Tax Group, and is ranked by Chambers Global, Chambers USA, and The Legal 500 US as a notable practitioner.
Ms. Lee-Lim has represented a large number of US and multinational financial institutions in connection with a wide range of financing transactions and debt and equity derivatives, and advised many investment managers in asset-backed securities offerings and other structured finance transactions.
She has also represented numerous US and international corporations in connection with private and registered securities offerings as well as corporate reorganizations and international tax planning and advised sovereign investors and non-US institutions in connection with inbound investments into the United States.
Ms. Lee-Lim’s recent representations include the following:
- A consortium of banks in bank/bond financing for Altice’s €17 billion acquisition of SFR from Vivendi
- Actavis in US$25 billion acquisition of Forest Lab
- Cognizant’s US$2 billion acquisition of TriZetto
- A consortium of banks in financing for Endo Pharmaceutical’s US$8 billion acquisition of Par Pharma and US$1.6 billion acquisition of Paladin Lab
- A company located in Singapore investing in a debt fund managed by a US based management company
- DTEK’s scheme of arrangement under an English law and related exchange offer
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for US$17.7 billion MTN program, so far the largest emerging-market bond issue