Jeremiah Wagner is a partner in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Structured Finance & Securitization Practice.
He has extensive experience across a range of structured finance, securitization (cash flow and synthetic), derivative, and asset-based lending transactions involving a wide array of asset classes, including secured and unsecured consumer loans, corporate loans (including SME and middle-market), residential mortgage loans, commercial mortgage loans, credit card receivables, small and big ticket equipment leases, auto loans and leases, dealer floorplan loans, insurance products, trade receivables, and many different types of inventory.
Mr. Wagner represents clients (sponsors, originators, issuers, lenders, underwriters, and arrangers) in international capital markets transactions, including securitizations and other asset-backed US-registered public offerings, cross-border offerings, commercial paper programs, and private placements. He has also been involved in a number of tender offers for asset-backed securities in the United States and Europe. He also represents financial institutions and companies in asset-based lending transactions and other similar financings. His experience in this area targets inventory and receivables financing across a number of jurisdictions, including the United States and Europe.
Mr. Wagner also advises clients on a number of regulatory matters affecting the banking and securitizations industries. He is frequently involved with various association responses to regulatory matters, including capital requirements, accounting, rating agencies, liquidity requirements, and other similar matters.
Mr. Wagner’s representative transactions include advising:
- Goldman Sachs and Blackstone on their successful bid for B&B’s buy-to-let mortgage loan portfolio and related securitization – this transaction was especially unique for its approach to US/EU risk retention*
- Barclays Bank PLC on its successful bid for a portfolio of buy to let and owner occupied mortgage loans and a rated securitization*
- PCL on the first public securitization of insurance premium receivables in Europe – shortlisted for one of the most innovative securitizations by the FT in 2017*
- Funding Circle in relation to its partnership with Aegon to fund SME loans originated through its P2P platform in the UK*
- Deutsche Bank as arranger on the first publicly rated securitizations of SME (Funding Circle) and consumer (Zopa) loans originated through P2P lending platforms in Europe (shortlisted as one of the most innovative securitizations by the FT in 2016)*
- Funding Circle in connection with a partnership with the EIB to fund loans originated through its P2P platform in the UK*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham.