Javier Stark represents private equity firms and public and private companies in complex and cross-border M&A and joint venture transactions.
Mr. Stark guides his clients’ most important business ventures around the globe, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Leveraged buyouts
- Take-private transactions
- Joint ventures
- Controlling and minority investments
- General corporate matters
Mr. Stark advises clients across industries, including healthcare, energy and infrastructure, and asset management.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Stark served as in-house counsel at a global consultancy and research firm.
Mr. Stark’s representative matters include advising:
- One Rock Capital Partners in numerous transactions, including its:
- Acquisition of Nestlé Waters North America, a leading provider of bottled water in the United States and Canada, from Nestlé
- US$930 million acquisition of Innophos (NASDAQ), a leading producer of essential ingredients
- Acquisition of Jadex, a manufacturer and material sciences company, from Newell Brands
- HMS (NASDAQ), a leading technology and analytics provider, in its US$3.4 billion sale to Gainwell Technologies, a portfolio company of Veritas Capital
- American Renal Associates (NYSE), a leading provider of outpatient dialysis services, in its US$850 million sale to Nautic Partners
- Cotiviti (NYSE), a leading payment accuracy and solutions provider, in its US$4.9 billion sale to Verscend Technologies, a portfolio company of Veritas Capital
- A leading healthcare services company in numerous acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures
- A global energy and infrastructure fund in numerous transactions in Latin America
- Pembina Pipeline Corporation in its C$4.35 billion acquisition of the Cochin Pipeline from Kinder Morgan
- CVC Capital Partners in its acquisition of The Alpha Corporation of Tennessee, a leading producer of polyester resins
- Leonard Green & Partners in the sale of U.S. Infrastructure Corporation, a leading provider of underground utility locating services, to Partners Group
- Ares Capital in numerous transactions, including its:
- US$3.4 billion acquisition of American Capital (NASDAQ), a publicly-traded asset manager and business development company
- Acquisition of Crestline Denali Capital, a leading CLO manager
- Odyssey Investment Partners in numerous transactions, including the:
- Sale of Pexco, a leading specialty plastics manufacturer, to PPC Industries, a portfolio company of Kohlberg & Co.
- Acquisition of CPI International from Veritas Capital
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Quebec (CDPQ) in its acquisition, alongside SUEZ, the French utility company, of the water processing business of General Electric for US$3.4 billion
- Catterton in its agreement with LVMH and Groupe Arnault to create L Catterton, a leading consumer-focused investment firm
- A US-based asset manager in the sale of its CLO management business
- A US-based asset manager in a spin-out of its private equity management business and sale of its CLO management business