Jason Licht is a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Licht serves as Global Co-Chair of the Private Equity Finance Practice, and local Co-Chair of the Corporate Department, and has significant experience in capital markets transactions, general corporate and securities matters, and public company representation. Mr. Licht previously served as a member of the firm's Associates Committee.
Mr. Licht regularly represents private equity sponsors, investment banks, and public and private companies in capital markets transactions, including in connection with initial public offerings and financings for leveraged buyout and acquisition transactions.
He also represents public companies in a variety of industries regarding their equity and debt offerings, Securities and Exchange Commission reporting obligations, corporate governance, and matters related to their public company status.
Mr. Licht's recent representative matters include advising:
- The Carlyle Group in numerous acquisition financings and securities offerings, including in the acquisition of Atotech, Veritas, Acosta, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Axalta (DuPont Performance Coatings), NBTY, Sequa Corporation, Open Solutions, and Standard Aero Holdings
- Ares Management and another investor in the senior notes and senior PIK toggle notes to finance the acquisition of Neiman Marcus Group
- BC Partners and The Carlyle Group in the senior notes offering to finance the acquisition of Accudyne (Hamilton Sundstrand Industrial)
- The Carlyle Group and Hellman & Friedman in the senior notes offering to finance the acquisition of Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD)
- The Carlyle Group and Onex Corporation in the senior notes offerings to finance the acquisition of Allison Transmission Holdings
- KKR in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Capital Safety
- Axalta Coating Systems in its initial public offering (IPO) and numerous secondary offerings and debt financings
- CommScope Holdings in its IPO and numerous secondary offerings and debt financings, including in connection with the acquisition of the Broadband Network Solutions (BNS) business unit of TE Connectivity Ltd.
- MultiPackaging Solutions in its IPO and secondary offering
- Allison Transmission Holdings in its IPO, numerous secondary offerings, and offering of senior notes
- Wesco Aircraft Holdings in its IPO and secondary offerings
- The underwriters in the IPOs of Blue Buffalo Pet Products, K2M Group Holdings, Booz Allen Hamilton, Mako Surgical Corp., and Vitamin Shoppe
- Platinum Equity and Nesco in the offering of senior secured second lien notes
- Energy Transfer Equity in connection with the financing for the acquisition of Southern Union Company
- Riverstone in the debt financings of Hudson Products
- PQ Corporation in its offering of second lien senior secured notes
- PPD in its offerings of senior notes and dividend holdco PIK notes
- NBTY in its offerings of senior notes and dividend holdco PIK notes
- Zekelman Industries (formerly JMC Steel Group) in its offerings of senior notes
- The initial purchasers in connection with the offering of senior secured notes to finance the acquisition of Air Medical Group Holdings