James Ktsanes advises creditors and debtors in workouts and bankruptcies, as well as buyers of distressed assets.
Mr. Ktsanes represents secured lenders, noteholder groups, asset purchasers, and corporate debtors in all aspects of out-of-court restructurings, bankruptcies, and special situations. In advising clients, Mr. Ktsanes draws on significant knowledge of the banking industry and experience with a wide variety of financing arrangements. In addition to traditional amendments, workouts, and bankruptcies, Mr. Ktsanes has advised clients in connection with:
- Strict foreclosures
- Assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) sales
- Exchange offers
- Priming credit facilities
- Comprehensive restructuring amendments with only “required lender” support
- Utilization of available covenant baskets in connection with creative restructurings and liquidity injections
Mr. Ktsanes was named to the American Bankruptcy Institute’s 2020 40 Under 40 list, which recognizes insolvency professionals who are committed to the highest standards of achievement at work and in their communities.