Irina Vasile is an associate in the Data & Technology Transactions Practice of Latham & Watkins’ London office.
Ms. Vasile’s practice focuses on advising clients across all market sectors on data protection, privacy and security matters.
Ms. Vasile advises on all aspects of European data protection law, with particular experience advising on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the ePrivacy Directive (ePD) and the UK data protection regime. She has substantial experience advising on data privacy issues related to marketing, advertising and cookies, data subject rights requests, and product counselling.
Ms. Vasile also advises on privacy, data protection and security requirements in connection with M&A transactions.
Ms. Vasile gained her professional experience working in private practice, as well as in-house for Facebook and Oracle, focusing on data protection and privacy issues related to the ad-tech industry.
Ms. Vasile’s experience includes advising:
- Facebook on the company’s data privacy matters globally
- Sony Pictures, from an EU data privacy law perspective, on its agreement for Sony’s Funimation Global Group LLC to acquire AT&T Inc.’s Crunchyroll anime business
- Astorg, a major global private equity group, on data privacy matters in connection with its acquisition of Corsearch, a brand risk and performance provider
- Advising underwriters on data privacy matters in connection with the IPO of a leading information-content and technology company
- A retail company with its privacy impact assessment processes to minimize privacy and security risks, and achieve compliance with EU data protection laws for new systems and tools*
- A major financial institution in connection with data privacy matters regarding its digital products and call center activities*
* Matter handled prior to joining Latham