Dr. Henning C. Schneider draws on 25 years of experience to help German and international clients navigate complex M&A/PE transactions and corporate matters. He previously served as the Global Co-Chair of the firm’s Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry Group, as well as the Chair of the firm’s Corporate Department in Germany.
Dr. Schneider advises major corporates and PE firms across industries, including healthcare, life sciences, energy, financial services, and real estate, on major public and private M&A/PE transactions, as well as on stock corporation law.
Based on his work on multi-billion Euro signature deals, Dr. Schneider has earned a reputation with clients as a skillful innovator, balancing both legal and commercial needs.
Leading legal publications, including Financial Times, JUVE, Chambers, and Handelsblatt repeatedly rank Dr. Schneider as a leading lawyer in both general M&A/PE and healthcare/life sciences.
He writes regularly on legal topics and has authored several legal handbooks, including a handbook on corporate law Münchener Handbuch Gesellschaftsrecht 2021, 5th edition, Grabitz/Hilf, Law of the European Union 2021, 72nd edition.
Dr. Schneider is a member of several boards, including Chair of the American Chamber of Commerce, North Germany. He is an alumnus of the Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes and a Knight of the Order of St. John.
Dr. Schneider’s representative work includes M&A/PE, joint ventures, restructurings, and privatizations, for the following clients:
- Aareal Bank AG on corporate matters and shareholder activists defense
- Aurubis AG on its bid for several copper mines and smelters
- Bankhaus Lampe (Dr. Oetker-Group) on the sale of CEE Group, on its bid on BHF Bank (sale by Deutsche Bank) and on LGT Bank, and its sale by Dr. Oetker to Hauck & Aufhäuser
- Berenberg Bank and Bankhaus Lampe on the sale of Universal-Investment to Montague
- Carlyle on several transactions, e.g. regarding the investment in Ameos and the acquisition and later sale of Alloheim
- City of Berlin, Charité University Hospital, and German Heart Center on the formation of University Heart Center Berlin
- DAK on merger with BKK Gesundheit (€20 billion) and merger with BKK Axel Springer
- Delphi Automotive on the sale of Thermal Business to Mahle (US$700 million)
- Dubai Ports/DP World on auction to acquire 49% in HHLA Hamburger Hafen und Logistik AG (€2.5 billion)
- Hapag-Lloyd AG Consortium on the acquisition of Hapag-Lloyd AG from TUI AG (€4.45 billion)
- IK Investment Partners on several matters, e.g. the acquisition and later sale of SCHOCK Group
- Körber AG on several transactions, e.g. on the acquisition of HighJump from Accel-KKR (US$1 billion) and on its bid for Bosch Packaging
- Novo A/S on its strategic investments in Evotec AG and in AmSilk
- Perella Weinberg on European SPAC
- Permira on several projects and transactional matters
- Q-Cells SE on the sale to Hanwha Corporation, South Korea
- Riva Stahl on corporate and transactional matters
- Rhön-Klinikum AG on the sale of major assets (40 hospitals) to Dax listed Fresenius SE (€3 billion), on subsequent share buyback, and on the public takeover offer by Asklepios (€1.3 billion)
- Siemens AG on several projects and transactions
- Sparkasse Frankfurt, Sparkasse KölnBonn, and Sparkasse Düsseldorf on the sale of Corpus Sireo to Swiss Life
- Wintershall Dea on several projects and transactional matters