Hayley Pizzey is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins. Ms. Pizzey's broad practice focuses on multi-jurisdictional litigation and regulatory matters. She advises clients on a wide range of disputes with a particular focus on commercial, and antitrust and competition litigation as well as regulatory investigations.
Ms. Pizzey's experience includes claims in the High Court, the Court of Appeal, and the Competition Appeal Tribunal. She has also acted on matters involving the Competition and Markets Authority, the European Commission, and numerous regulators across the world.
Ms. Pizzey held an instrumental role in the team awarded Competition Team of the Year at The Lawyers Awards 2014.
Ms. Pizzey qualified as a solicitor in September 2011.
Ms. Pizzey's recent experience includes:
- Advising a global instant messaging organization on an investigation by a Member State Competition Authority
- Advising a pharmaceutical company in respect of its potential fine liability for breaches of Articles 101 and 102
- Advising in relation to a commercial claim and EU-level complaint under Article 102 (abuse of dominance), in the financial services sector
- Advising a private equity firm on a target’s exposure to follow-on damages claims following a cartel decision of the European Commission involving the target
- Acting for one of the world’s largest web hosting companies in responding to a call for information from the Competition and Markets Authority
- Advising an international corporation on its claims for confidentiality before the European Commission and the impact of UK damages actions
- Advising an SME in its successful follow-on damages claim (funded by third party funders) in the Competition Appeal Tribunal*
- Acting for a global technology conglomerate in a UK damages action following on from the European Commission’s DRAM decision
- Acting for a large semiconductor manufacturing company in respect of follow-on damages actions in connection with the European Commission’s Smart Card Chips cartel decision
- Acting for a money transfer business in obtaining injunctive relief and its abuse of dominance claim in the High court, resulting in settlement*
- Acting for a retailer in its application for judicial review of an Office of Fair Trading decision to accept undertaking in lieu of reference*
- Acting for a major airline in civil claims in the English High Court for damages arising out of price fixing cartel charges*
- Advising an international private equity firm on potential litigation against one of its portfolio companies
- Advising an international asset manager on its disclosure obligations and potential multijurisdictional enforcement action
- Conducting an independent internal “systems and controls” review of a listed company
- Advising a US$ billion organization on its obligations under a Deed of Settlement
- Advising an international pharmaceutical company on its termination rights under a supply agreement
- Negotiating a settlement for a large helicopter operator following a dispute with a helicopter manufacturer
- Advising a foreign bank on its rights under an English loan agreement
- Advising an international organization on its disclosure obligations in English proceedings
- Advising a private vehicle hire group on its obligations under a loan note instrument
- Advising a private vehicle hire group on the enforceability of restrictive covenants
- Advising a major global bank on potential clams under an outsourcing agreement
- Advising a mining company in its application for judicial review against a London Stock Exchange decision resulting in settlement*
- Advising an SME in its application for judicial review against an Ofwat determination*
- Acting for a foreign tour operator in an application for the appointment of provisional liquidators and a multimillion pound debt recovery claim*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham