Dr. Hans-Jürgen Lütt is a partner in the Frankfurt office, practicing in the firm's Corporate Department. He advises first-tier private equity sponsors as well as major domestic and international companies on M&A transactions, focusing particularly on complex mergers and acquisitions, public tender offers, as well as corporate law, including stock corporation law. He has particular experience in the banking sector.
JUVE, The Legal 500, Chambers, and other leading publications regularly recommend Dr. Lütt for Private Equity, M&A, and Corporate Law. Handelsblatt Best Lawyers 2019 lists him among the best lawyers for Corporate and Private Equity in Germany.
Mr. Lütt’s experience includes advising:
- Advent International on the public takeover offer to the shareholders of the international retail group Douglas
- Apollo Global Management, LLC
- On the acquisition of Wüstenrot Bank Aktiengesellschaft Pfandbriefbank by Oldenburgische Landesbank
- On the downstream merger of Bremer Kreditbank AG with Oldenburgische Landesbank
- On the acquisition of KBC Bank Deutschland AG together with Teacher Retirement System of Texas and the UK based financial investor Grovepoint Capital
- On the acquisition of Oldenburgischen Landesbank (OLB) by Bremer Kreditbank (BKB)
- BC Partners
- On the acquisition of all shares in PlusServer GmbH
- On the sale of their participation in Synlab Holding GmbH
- Hellman & Friedman on the acquisition of a majority interest in Scout24 Holding, an operator of online publications for classified advertisements
- Novanta Europe on the acquisition of W.O.M. World of Medicine, a Germany-based company engaged in the manufacture of medical devices used in minimally invasive surgery
- Tognum AG on the public tender offer by joint venture partners Daimler AG and Rolls-Royce Group plc
- Unity Media S.C.A. in its €3.5 billion sale of Unitymedia Group to Liberty Global, Inc.