Graeme Smyth is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Smyth is a member of the firm's Finance Department and of the Structured Finance & Securitization and Aircraft Finance Practices.
Mr. Smyth has experience in a variety of aircraft finance, structured finance, securitization, and other secured financing transactions, representing issuers, underwriters, placement agents, borrowers, lenders, and others. In particular, Mr. Smyth advises on the financing of a variety of operating assets including residential solar power assets, railcars, rental car fleets, aircraft and related assets, and the securitization of aircraft leases; the financing, leasing, and exchange of airport take-off and landing slots; and in receivables financing.
Mr. Smyth's experience includes representing:
- A major airline in multiple EETC financings with aggregate proceeds in excess of US$3 billion since 2010
- Banks and bank conduits as lenders in personal loan financings
- An airline in connection with pre-delivery payment financings
- Issuers and underwriters in the securitization of residential solar power assets
- An issuer in connection with multiple securitizations of real estate net lease assets
- Underwriters in connection with the securitization of home renovation loans
- Banks and bank conduits as lenders in trade receivable financings
- Investment banks as initial purchasers in rental car term securitization and as administrative agents and lenders in rental car variable funding note transactions
- A South American private equity firm in connection with the acquisition financing of a Mexican equipment leasing business through the issuance of term notes in the US securitization market
- An issuer in the creation of a car-sharing fleet securitization program
- Issuers, underwriters, and managers in collateralized loan transactions