Etienne Gentil is of counsel in the Paris office of Latham & Watkins, where he previously was a partner for 15 years. Mr. Gentil acts primarily on leveraged financing, asset financing, and syndicated loans. He is the President of the Commission on French Securities Interest Reform for think-tank Paris Europlace.
French and English-qualified Etienne Gentil is a seasoned lawyer who often advises on cross-border financing transactions. He is well versed in borrower-side acquisition financing mandates. Chambers Europe 2019
Mr. Gentil has been nominated for many years in the transport, banking, and/or finance practice areas. Who’s Who Legal - France
“Market commentators praise Etienne Gentil for being a ‘friendly and technically very good’ practitioner. He is dual-qualified in English and French law and covers a wide range of bond and corporate finance transactions.” Chambers UK 2018
Mr. Gentil's experience includes representing:
- PAI in the financing of the recommended P2P all-cash offer for all shares of Koninklijke Wessanen N.V.
- Eurazeo in the financing of its LBO acquisition of Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center from Montagu PE
- The MLAs in their financing of the P2P acquisition of April, the French listed insurance brokering company
- Apera Capital in its unitranche LBO financing of the acquisition of Vanadium by Inside Secure
- Partners Group Credit in its unitranche LBO financing of the acquisition of Alltub by OEP Tubes
- Fortress in its LBO financing of the acquisition by GACP of the Football Club Girondins de Bordeaux division from the M6 Group
- Permira Advisers in the first and second lien LBO financing of its acquisition of Exclusive Networks
- Bridgepoint in the unitranche LBO financing of its acquisition of HTL
- Bain Capital in the LBO financing of its acquisition of Consolis
- Carlyle International Energy Partners in the financing of its acquisition of assets of Shell Gabon