Bay Area partner honored for his preeminent intellectual property, patent litigation, and trade secrets practice.
Doug Lumish, a nationally recognized trial lawyer, tries cases for the world’s leading technology and life sciences companies on their most important intellectual property and technology related litigation. He formerly served as Co-Chair of the Bay Area Litigation & Trial Department and as Global Co-Chair of the IP Litigation Practice.
Mr. Lumish is a trial lawyer representing technology and life sciences companies across the spectrum of their intellectual property and technology litigation. He regularly handles patent, trade secret, trademark, and copyright cases in district and Federal Circuit courts across the country, and before the International Trade Commission (ITC) and customs regulators.
Mr. Lumish has an exceptional record of winning at all stages of litigation, including at jury trials, bench trials, and on appeal. He has won jury trials and summary judgments for plaintiffs and defendants alike, and has defeated billions of dollars in claims against his clients.
He frequently speaks and writes about intellectual property and taught a course on patent law at Stanford Law School.
Mr. Lumish has been widely recognized by the following legal organizations and industry publications as a preeminent IP litigator.
- Named a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- The American Lawyer Litigator of the Week for his jury trial win for TransPerfect
- Chambers USA ranking every year since 2007
- The Daily Journal Top 75 IP Litigators in California listing (2011-2019) and Top 100 Lawyers in California listing, jury win for TransPerfect named a Top Plaintiffs’ Verdict by Impact
- Law360 Tech MVP and IP MVP— one of only 10 in the country
- Intellectual Asset Management Patent 1000 ranking as one of the world’s leading patent practitioners
- Corporate Counsel listed win for Hitachi against MIT and Magsil as one of its Top 10 wins of the year
- The Legal 500
- Benchmark Litigation
Mr. Lumish has represented numerous industry-leading companies, including:
- Applied Biosystems
- Arista Networks
- Hyperion Solutions*
- Life Technologies
- Micrus Endovascular*
- National Semiconductor*
- 10X Genomics
- Thermo Fisher
- Western Digital