Denis Criton is a partner in the Paris office of Latham & Watkins. He specializes in mergers and acquisitions, with particular expertise in leveraged acquisitions (LBOs).
Mr. Criton has considerable experience representing private equity institutions in acquisitions, disposals, and restructurings. For more than 18 years, he has been representing French and foreign investors in strategic transactions and joint ventures.
Mr. Criton was the Global Chair of the Knowledge Management Committee for four years.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Criton worked in the London and Paris offices of several leading law firms.
"Denis Criton regularly assists private equity firms and asset managers with LBOs and boasts strength in both the life sciences and cosmetics spaces." Chambers Europe 2019
Mr. Criton's experience includes advising:
- Mobivia in its acquisition together with Renault of Exadis, a distributor-stockist of multi-brand automotive parts
- BC Partners on the sale of the Antelliq Group, a France-based developer of digital animal identification, traceability, and monitoring solutions to Merck for €3.25 billion
- Intermediate Capital Group on the sale of the Stella Group, a France-based manufacturer of custom-made curtains, roller shutters, gates, and sectional doors, to PAI Partners
- Natixis Investment Managers on the sale of Axeltis, the distribution platform for investment funds, to MFEX
- Mobivia on the acquisition by Michelin of a minority stake of A.T.U., a Germany-based automotive services provider
- KKR on the acquisition of Hyperion, a manufacturer of industrial tool components
- Antelliq, formerly Allflex, on the acquisition of SCR Engineers, an Israel-based manufacturer of monitoring technologies for farm management
- CDPQ on the acquisition of a significant minority stake in the Sebia group, the in-vitro diagnostics protein testing busines
- Bain Capital on the acquisition of the Consolis Group, a France-based industrial group specialized in the design and manufacture of high-performance per-cast concrete products
- PAI Partners on the acquisition of Albéa, the world leader in beauty and personal care packaging
- Mobivia on the acquisition of A.T.U, the German automotive services market leader