Intellectual Property Partners honored as MVPs for securing a US$1.8 billion trade secrets settlement for LG Energy Solution in a dispute over electric vehicle batteries.
David Callahan, Global Chair of Latham & Watkins’ Intellectual Property Practice, represents clients in complex litigation in the areas of patent, trade secret, false advertising, and unfair competition.
Mr. Callahan represents clients in a range of industries, including medical devices, semiconductors, consumer products, telecommunications, and automotive products.
He develops winning strategies for clients based on his more than 30 years of experience as a trial lawyer, litigating bench and jury trials, as well as before the Federal and Seventh Circuit Courts of Appeal.
Leading industry publications regularly recognize Mr. Callahan’s skill and accomplishments in intellectual property. Representative accolades include:
- 2022 IAM Patent 1000 ranked Gold for Illinois Intellectual Property Litigation
- 2021 Law360 MVP for Intellectual Property
- 2011 – 2022 Chambers USA ranked for work in Intellectual Property
- 2021 – 2022 Chambers USA ranked Band 1 in Illinois for Intellectual Property: Trademark, Copyright & Trade Secrets
- 2019 Managing Intellectual Property’s Outstanding IP Litigator of the Year in Illinois
- 2014, 2018 BTI Consulting Group’s Client Service All-Star List, which recognizes leaders in superior client service identified exclusively by corporate counsel
- 2020 The Best Lawyers in America recognized for work in Litigation-Intellectual Property law
- 2015, 2017 – 2021 The Legal 500 US Recommended Lawyer for work in Intellectual Property
- 2017 – 2021 IAM Patent 1000 ranked
- 2012 – 2020 LMG Life Sciences listed as a star for General Patent Litigation and Hatch-Waxman Patent Litigation
- 2010 IP Law and Business named as one of the Top 50 Under 45 IP lawyers in the country
- 2005, 2007 – 2021 Law and Politics listed as an Illinois Super Lawyer
Mr. Callahan is a board member of Lawyers for the Creative Arts and the Public Interest Law Initiative, and serves on the board of two youth hockey organizations. He also recently served as a member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee.