CJ Bacon is an IP litigation associate in Latham’s Orange
County office. He represents clients in complex litigation matters primarily relating to intellectual property and internet law.
Mr. Bacon is experienced in nearly every stage of commercial litigation, having represented clients in various federal and state court actions. His substantive experience includes:
- Overseeing the global trademark enforcement effort for a major client’s famous trademark – this matter involves the intersection of various areas of law, including trademark, false advertising, copyright, and the federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Act
- Handling all aspects of fact and expert discovery in IP-related litigation
- Trademark and trade dress infringement litigation
- Trade secret misappropriation litigation and counseling
- False advertising and unfair competition litigation
- Right of publicity counseling and litigation
- Disputes commonly related to IP issues, including computer fraud, web scraping, breach of contract and employment issues
Mr. Bacon received his JD from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, where he graduated in the top 10% of his class. While in law school, he served as a teaching assistant in the Legal Research and Writing Program.
Prior to law school, Mr. Bacon received his BA from Brigham Young University, where he graduated cum laude.