Christopher Kaufman retired from the partnership on December 31, 2017. Mr. Kaufman’s practice focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, and corporate governance. He advised high technology clients including semiconductor, software and biotechnology companies, privately held startup companies, and major investment banks. Mr. Kaufman has represented a wide variety of clients in:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Hostile takeovers representing both targets and unsolicited acquirers
- Successful proxy contest engagements
- Problems of capital formation for startup entities
- Public financing
- Public offerings by foreign companies in the United States
- Both public and private securities offerings representing issuers, underwriters, and venture capital entities
Mr. Kaufman served as Chairman of the Board of Directors of the PRO Corporation and Rexall Corporation and on the Boards of Directors of:
- Qantel Corporation
- Applied ImmunoSciences, Inc.
- FP International, Inc.
He has been a member of the American Bar Association Committee on Negotiated Acquisitions and Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities and was a member of the American Bar Association Committee on Corporate Laws, which rewrites the Model Business Corporation Act. Mr. Kaufman participated in the task force that drafted the American Bar Association Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities comments on Forms S-1, S-2, and S-3 under the 1933 Act.
Mr. Kaufman has received the following recognition:
- Named to the 2012 and 2014 Lawdragon 500, a list of leading attorneys in the US, where he was recognized as a "major M&A force"
- Described as "a well-known practitioner who advises on M&A, corporate finance and corporate governance matters, with a particular emphasis on hi-tech companies" by Chambers US 2011
- Named "One of America's Leading Business Lawyers in corporate law" by Chambers US 2007-2011
- Named a leader in his field by The Best Lawyers in America
- Named one of the world’s leading practitioners of the law in The International Who’s Who of Corporate Governance Lawyers 2007