Christopher Drewry, a corporate partner in the Chicago office, advises clients on complex cross-border merger and acquisition transactions and shareholder activism matters.
Mr. Drewry regularly advises large multinational corporations, private equity sponsors, financial advisors, and special committees of boards of directors, on:
- Public and private M&A
- Divisional carveout transactions
- Corporate governance
- Activism defense
He helps clients successfully navigate commercial and regulatory hurdles in multi-jurisdictional mergers across a range of industries, including automotive, industrials and manufacturing, oil and gas, and internet and digital media.
Mr. Drewry regularly writes on M&A-related topics, including new developments in shareholder rights plan (poison pill) technologies.
Mr. Drewry’s representative experience includes:
- FMC Technologies, Inc., a US-listed company, in its US$13 billion merger of equals transaction with Technip S.A., a Euronex Paris-listed designer and developer of offshore oil and gas process facilities via the EU cross-border merger regime
- Orbitz Worldwide, Inc., a leading global online travel company, in its US$1.6 billion take-private sale to Expedia
- Koch Industries, Inc. in its US$7.2 billion take-private acquisition of Molex Incorporated, a leading supplier of connectors
- Delphi Automotive in its US$727 million sale of its global thermal systems business to German-based MAHLE GmbH
- Georgia-Pacific LLC in its US$1.5 billion take-private tender offer acquisition of Buckeye Technologies, a leading manufacturer of specialty fibers and nonwoven materials
- Johnson Electric International, a Hong Kong-listed company, in its CA$867 million cross-border acquisition of Stackpole International Inc., a leading supplier of engine and transmission pumps and powder metal components
Private Equity M&A
- Energy Capital Partners in its joint venture with ADA-ES, Inc., for a US$400 million facility producing activated carbon to control mercury emissions
- PLH Group, Inc., a portfolio company of Energy Capital Partners, in its acquisition of four mid-stream oil and gas companies
- GTCR, LLC in its US$446.5 million acquisition of Vocus, concurrent US$775 million acquisition of Cision and subsequent acquisition of Gorkana to form a leading global provider of PR software and services
- Cars.com in its defense of a public campaign by Starboard Value seeking board seats
- Allison Transmission in its defense of a public campaign by Ashe Capital seeking board seats and proxy access
Special Committee Advice
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of CNA Surety Corporation in the US$450 million take-private sale of CNA Surety to CNA Insurance
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Universal Truckload Services, Inc. (UTSI) in the US$335 million acquisition of LINC Logistics Company by UTSI