Chris is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins, and is a member of the Real Estate and Private Equity Practices.
Mr. Cox has experience across a broad range of real estate private equity, M&A, and joint ventures transactions. He acts for sponsors, fund vehicles, and corporates on a range of acquisitions, exits, and majority and minority investments, and has experience of working on a variety of different asset classes, including science parks, hotels, data centers, and healthcare assets.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Cox spent twelve months on secondment at StepStone Group Real Estate as counsel in the London office.
Mr. Cox’s experience includes advising:
- China Vanke in its joint venture with Cain Hoy, McCourt Global, and Galliard Homes for the development of The Stage, Shoreditch*
- StepStone Real Estate, a global real estate investment firm, in connection with the formation of a joint venture with Starwood Capital Group and Round Hill Capital, and the acquisition by the venture of a German real estate portfolio comprising 60 properties and over 925 residential and commercial units*
- StepStone Real Estate in connection with its joint venture with NREP, a leading Nordic investment manager, and the acquisition and financing of a Danish retail property portfolio*
- Hansteen PLC in the disposal of its €1.3bn German and Dutch real estate portfolio to the Blackstone Group and M7 Real Estate, and in the subsequent £580 million public tender offer and return of capital*
- Canyon Partners and Bain Capital Credit, in connection with its sale of the QHotels portfolio to Aprirose, a real estate investment company, for £525 million*
- Henderson Park, the European real estate investment platform, in connection with a joint venture with Hines for the purposes of acquiring and redeveloping the Athens Ledra Hotel and a student housing development in the UK*
- Stepstone Real Estate in connection with its joint venture with Elevation Capital for the establishment of a Care Home platform in the UK*
- Henderson Park, the European real estate investment platform, in connection with a joint venture with Hines for the establishment of a student housing development platform*
- StepStone Real Estate on the formation of a joint venture with Activum SG, an investor in European real estate related sectors in connection with its investment in four residential and commercial assets in Spain and Germany*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham