Chirag Dedania is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Dedania is a member of the firm's Finance Department as well as the Project Development & Finance Practice.
Mr. Dedania primarily advises on project finance transactions in the power, oil and gas, LNG, and infrastructure sectors, with a focus on commercial loans, syndicated loans, and private placements. Mr. Dedania’s clients regularly include commercial and investment banks, private equity, corporate and mezzanine sponsors, and private debt funds.
Mr. Dedania has been recognized as a Rising Star in the field of project finance by Law360.
Mr. Dedania’s experience includes representation of:
- ArcLight Capital Partners in connection with numerous portfolio company, commercial bank, private placement, and other financings, including financings for their Leeward Renewables business
- Avenue Capital / Middle River Power in connection with their acquisition financing of the Henley Power portfolio in CAISO
- The borrower/issuer in the term loan A construction financing of Invenergy’s Lackawanna Power Project, an approximately 1,485 MW project
- Energy Capital Partners in the acquisition and acquisition financing in the term loan B market of a portfolio of waste-to-energy facilities
- The arrangers and lenders in connection with the acquisition by LS Power of the Aspen Power portfolio, including the Chambersburg gas-fired power plant
- The joint lead arrangers in multiple term loan B refinancings of Tenaska Power’s TPF II and Astoria portfolios and the construction financing of the Covert gas-fired power plant
- The note purchasers in connection with a 4(a)(2) private placement of Duke's Texoma wind portfolio
- The sponsor in connection with over US$13 billion in commercial bank and bond offerings in connection with Cheniere Energy Partners, L.P., and its subsidiaries and projects (including the Sabine Pass liquefaction terminal, Sabine Pass regasification terminal and Creole Trail Pipeline)
- Dominion Energy in the US$3.0 billion commercial bank financing of the Cove Point liquefaction project
- The issuer in a 4(a)(2) private placement back-leveraging of upstream equity in an LNG liquefaction facility
Oil and Gas; Midstream
- The borrower in the term loan B and revolving construction financing of ArcLight Capital Partners’ Limetree Refinery and Terminal in St. Croix
- The borrower in the term loan A construction financing of ArcLight Capital Partners’ Delta House floating production system in Louisiana
- Gulf, a portfolio company of ArcLight Capital Partners, in connection with a term loan and ABL financing
- The joint lead arrangers in the term loan B, term loan A, and revolving acquisition financing of Brookfield’s acquisition of Enbridge’s pipeline assets in Canada
- The borrower in the term loan A construction financing of ONEOK and Fermaca’s Roadrunner Natural Gas Pipeline running from Texas to Mexico
- The note purchasers in connection with a 4(a)(2) private placement back-leveraging of OMERS’ acquisition of an interest in the BridgeTex pipeline
- The joint lead arrangers in the term loan B and revolving acquisition financing of Blackrock’s acquisition of the Glass Mountain pipeline
- GSO Capital Partners in multiple second lien financings, including for Ascent Resources – Utica, LLC (formerly known as American Energy - Utica, LLC) and Legacy Reserves
- Orion Energy in connection with the financing of the Keystone terminal
- The borrower/issuer in the 4(a)(2) note and bank refinancings of the Wind Energy Transmission Texas transmission lines
- The lenders in connection with the Tillman Infrastructure first lien tower portfolio financing
- The lenders in connection with multiple holdco financings for EdgeConnex, Inc.
- The lenders in connection with a holdco financing of Vertical Bridge’s tower portfolio financing
- Orion Energy in connection with a senior secured loan to the Tiger Group
- Orion Energy in connection with a senior secured loan to Martin Energy Group