Cheryl Coe is the local Chair of the Tax Department in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins, concentrating on corporate and partnership taxation.
Ms. Coe has considerable experience representing private equity funds focused in:
- Energy and infrastructure sector
- Leveraged buyout and venture capital funds
- Investment banking companies and other public and privately owned corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies with respect to tax matters pertaining to mergers, recapitalizations, domestic and international acquisitions, and tax-free reorganizations
She has handled the tax aspects of formation of a number of large investment funds, as well as stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, mergers, public offerings of debt and equity securities, and other corporate restructuring transactions.
Ms. Coe has been recognized by Chambers USA for her impressive transactional practice encompassing issues including heavyweight M&A and fund formation.
Ms. Coe is a member of the American Bar Association. She has authored articles for various tax publications.
Ms. Coe has acted as tax counsel for a broad range of investment funds including:
- Riverstone Global Energy and Power Funds
- Carlyle Power Partners
- Carlyle International Energy Partners
- Denham Commodity Partners Funds
- NGP Natural Resources Funds
- Highstar Capital Partners
- Juniper Capital