Charlotte Hawkins is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and is a member of the Project Development & Finance Practice.
Ms. Hawkins represents sponsors, borrowers, and lenders (including development finance institutions and commercial banks) in connection with project finance transactions in the energy and infrastructure sectors.
Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Hawkins trained and practiced at a leading international law firm where she gained a range of experience in the firm’s London and Abu Dhabi offices.
Ms. Hawkins’ experience includes advising:
- GM Holdings in the US$980 million concurrent bank and bond project finance transaction for a portfolio of existing and new-build conventional and renewable electricity generation assets in Chile
- The western financial investors on the financing for Nord Stream II pipeline*
- A development finance institution on the financing of the construction and operation of a greenfield solar photovoltaic power plant under the second round of the Egypt Feed-In Tariff program*
- Lenders (including development finance institutions and commercial banks) on the development and financing of the Zarqa CCGT Power Project at the Hussein site in Jordan*
- Sponsors in respect of the development and financing of the 1915 Çanakkale bridge and Malkara-Çanakkale motorway project in Turkey*
- Lenders on the Sweihan solar PV IPP in Abu Dhabi*
- Lenders to Marubeni's consortium for the Az Zour North 2 IWPP in Kuwait*
- Equity bridge lenders to the US$3 billion Facility D Independent Water and Power Project in Qatar – PFI Middle East and Africa PPP Deal of the Year 2016*
- A renewable energy company on its proposed acquisition of an interest in a wind farm project in Serbia*
- The borrower on a major financing in the oil and gas sector in Angola*
- A sponsor in respect of a financing for the modernization of a refinery in Bahrain*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham