Catherine Ozdogan, a partner in the Houston office of Latham & Watkins and former Chair of the firm’s Houston Finance Department, represents financial institutions and corporate borrowers in connection with a wide variety of commercial lending transactions in the oil and gas exploration and production, midstream, and service-related sectors.
Ms. Ozdogan has particular knowledge in:
- Reserve-based lending transactions
- Sponsor-backed underwritten acquisition financings
- Asset-based loans
- First and second lien financings
- Debt restructurings
- Derivative arrangements
Ms. Ozdogan has been recognized:
- As one of the leading Banking and Finance lawyers in Texas in Chambers USA Guide America’s Leading Business Lawyers 2008 – 2020
- For her work in Banking & Finance in Best Lawyers in America 2012 – 2015 (Best Lawyers is by BL Rankings)
- For her work in Finance & Bank Lending by The Legal 500 US 2009 – 2013
- For her work in Project Finance in The Legal 500 US 2010 and 2011
Ms. Ozdogan’s representative finance transactions include advising:
- Great Western Petroleum, LLC in connection with a US$600 million senior secured reserve based revolving credit facility agented by MUFG Union Bank, N.A.
- UGI Energy Services, LLC in connection with an underwritten US$700 million senior secured term loan facility, the proceeds of which were used to finance the acquisition of Columbia Midstream Group, LLC
- BJ Services LLC in connection with a US$200 million senior secured term loan facility secured by machinery and equipment
- UGI Corporation in connection with US$850 million senior unsecured revolving credit and term loan facilities, the proceeds of which were used to finance the acquisition of a portion of the issued and outstanding public common units of AmeriGas Partners, L.P. and to finance the acquisition of Columbia Midstream Group, LLC
- EQM Midstream Partners, LP in a US$1.4 billion senior unsecured term loan facility agented by Toronto-Dominion (Texas) LLC
- Hornbeck Offshore Services, Inc. in connection with a US$111.8 million second lien term loan facility secured on US flagged offshore service vessels, the proceeds of which were used to repurchase and/or exchanged for the company’s outstanding convertible notes
- MUFG Union Bank, N.A. in a US$3 billion senior secured reserve based revolving credit facility for Chesapeake Energy Corporation
- A Morgan Stanley Investment Management portfolio company in an underwritten US$950 million senior secured super-priority revolver and term loan credit facilities agented by Jefferies Finance LLC, the proceeds of which were used to acquire Brazos Midstream
- Bruin E&P Partners, LLC, an ArcLight Capital Partners portfolio company, in a US$1.5 billion senior secured first lien reserve based revolving credit facility agented by Bank of Montreal
- Southwestern Energy Company in a US$2 billion senior secured reserve based credit facility agented by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Centennial Resource Production, LLC in a US$1.5 billion senior secured reserved based revolving credit facility agented by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.