Bryan Ryan advises clients on a range of strategic corporate transactions, including:
- Public and private mergers and acquisitions, including special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) business combinations and cross-border transactions
- Initial public offerings and follow-on equity offerings for domestic and foreign issuers
- Debt offerings and related financing transactions
- Corporate governance, periodic reporting, and other matters relating to public company status
A versatile corporate lawyer, Mr. Ryan helps his clients navigate commercial and regulatory hurdles in multijurisdictional transactions across a range of industries, including, among others, hospitality, gaming, manufacturing, technology, and energy. He crafts company narratives that are compelling to investors and drives transformative transactions to successful close.
Mr. Ryan served as a member of the firm’s Associates Committee from 2020-2022 and as a member of the firm’s Recruiting Committee from 2019-2020.
Mr. Ryan's representative transactions include advising:
SPAC Business Combinations
- Desktop Metal, a 3D printing technology company, in its US$2.5 billion merger with Trine Acquisition Corp.
- Rosecliff Acquisition Corp I, a SPAC, in its proposed US$1.0 billion merger with GT Gettaxi, a ground transportation management company
- Essentium, an advanced manufacturing company, in its pending US$974 million merger with Atlantic Coastal Acquisition Corp.
- Tempo Automation., a software-accelerated electronics manufacturer, in its pending US$919 million merger with ACE Convergence Acquisition Corp.
- Kin Insurance an insurance technology company, in its pending US$1.0 billion merger with Omnichannel Acquisition Corp.
- ECP Environmental Growth Opportunities Corp., a SPAC, in its pending US$1.4 billion merger with Fast Radius, a cloud manufacturing and digital supply chain company
- Chardan Healthcare Acquisition 2 Corp., a SPAC, in its merger with Renovacor, Inc., an early-stage biotechnology company
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation in its US$2.2 billion acquisition of Vine Energy
- Fertitta Entertainment in its pending US$1.6 billion sale of Golden Nugget Online Gaming to DraftKings
- Spartan Energy Partners in its US$17.1 million acquisition of a minority stake in CSI Compressco LP from TETRA Technologies
- Equitrans Midstream Corporation in its US$1.8 billion acquisition of EQM Midstream Partners
- CNX Resources Corporation in its US$357 million take-private of CNX Midstream Partners
- Total S.A., as SunPower’s majority shareholder, in SunPower’s spin-off of Maxeon Solar Technologies
- TechnipFMC on the spin-off of its onshore/offshore business to create a standalone publicly traded company, Technip Energies, listed on Euronext Paris, with a separate OTC listing of its ADRs
- Midstates Petroleum Company in its US$729 million merger of equals with Amplify Energy, an independent oil and natural gas company
- EQM Midstream Partners in its US$1.0 billion acquisition of Eureka Midstream Holdings and Hornet Midstream Holdings and related US$1.2 billion preferred equity financing
- Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) in its US$3.1 billion acquisition of EnLink Midstream and EnLink Midstream Partners, providers of midstream energy services
- A multinational integrated oil and gas company in its capacity as the majority shareholder of SunPower Corporation in connection with SunPower’s pending spin-off of Maxeon Solar Technologies
- Silver Run Acquisition Corporation II (now known as Alta Mesa Resources) in its US$3.8 billion acquisition of Alta Mesa Holdings and Kingfisher Midstream
- Weatherford International in its US$430 million sale of assets to a subsidiary of Schlumberger Limited
Equity Capital Markets
- ECP Environmental Growth Opportunities Corp., a SPAC, in its US$345 million initial public offering
- Energy Transfer Partners in multiple preferred equity offerings totaling more than US$2.3 billion in aggregate
- Smart Sand in US$98 million follow-on equity offering
- MeiraGTx Holdings in its US$75 million “At-the-market” offering
- BioXcel Therapeutics in its US$20 million “At-the-market” offering
- BioXcel Therapeutics in its US$19 million follow-on equity offering
- Underwriters in the US$765 initial public offering of Rattler Midstream Partners
- Underwriters in multiple equity offerings totaling more than US$920 million in aggregate by Viper Energy Partners
- Underwriters in multiple equity offerings totaling more than US$585 million in aggregate by Matador Resources Company
Debt Capital Markets
- Diversified Gas & Oil in offerings by certain of its special purpose vehicles of an aggregate amount of US$400 million of non-recourse asset backed securities
- A multinational integrated oil and gas company in multiple registered notes offerings by its subsidiaries totaling more than US$5.2 billion in aggregate
- CONSOL Mining Corporation (now known as CONSOL Energy Inc.) in US$300 million offering of senior secured second lien notes
- CNX Midstream Partners in US$400 million offering of senior notes
- Underwriters in US$1.1 billion offering of registered notes by Western Gas Partners
- Initial purchasers in multiple offerings of senior notes totaling US$1.5 billion by Endeavor Energy Resources
- Initial purchasers in multiple offerings of senior notes totaling more than US$1.5 billion by Diamondback Energy
- Initial purchasers in multiple offerings of senior notes totaling more than US$1.4 billion by Matador Resources Company