Brandon Anderson, Deputy Office Managing Partner of the Chicago office, advises clients on a broad range of leveraged finance transactions.
Mr. Anderson represents financial institutions, direct lenders, corporate borrowers, and private equity funds. His practice ranges from middle-market to large-cap transactions.
Specifically, he structures, negotiates and documents the following types of US and international financings:
- Asset-based loans
- Debtor-in-possession financings
- Senior secured credit facilities
- Shari’ah-compliant structures
- Unitranche financing
- Unsecured lending
- Working capital revolvers
Mr. Anderson brings insights drawn from advising some of the largest investment banks and private equity funds in the world, to middle-market lenders, especially regarding complex, cross-border transactions.
Complementing his finance work, Mr. Anderson has an active pro bono practice. He is part of a firmwide effort to overturn wrongful criminal convictions through the Texas DNA Mixture Review Project. The initiative, coordinated by the Texas Forensic Science Commission, reexamines evidence used to support past convictions, and has uncovered more than a dozen cases that warrant DNA recalculation.
Mr. Anderson's market-leading experience includes representing:
Middle-market leveraged financings
- Antares Capital LP in the first-lien credit facility that financed Olympus Partners’ acquisition of Petmate Holdings Co., a supplier of a pet products
- Encina Business Credit, LLC in term loan and revolving credit facilities for Vertex Energy Operating, LLC, a recycler of industrial waste streams and off- specification commercial chemical products
- Freeport Financial Partners LLC in first-lien credit facilities to PT Network, LLC, a provider of outpatient physical therapy and sports medicine services
- Golub Capital LLC in the unitranche credit facility that supported Advent International’s acquisition of First Watch Restaurants, Inc, a restaurant operator of full-service daytime cafés under the First Watch and The Egg & I brands
- NXT Capital, LLC in the senior credit facility that financed Sentinel Capital Partners’ investment in MB2 Dental Solutions
Large-cap leveraged financings
- Antares Capital LP in the first-lien credit facilities that financed AEA Investors LP’s acquisition of TricorBraun Holdings, Inc., one of the packaging industry's largest suppliers of plastic and glass containers, closures, dispensers and tubes
- Bank of America, N.A. in its revolving credit facility for AK Steel Corporation, a producer of flat-rolled carbon, stainless and electrical steel products
- Goldman Sachs Bank USA in the cross-border first-lien credit facilities that financed the acquisition of Solera Holdings, Inc., a provider of risk and asset management software solutions, by Vista Equity Partners
- Goldman Sachs International, as investment agent, in providing a debtor-in-possession and exit Murabaha facility to Arcapita Investment Holdings Limited; transaction was named 2014 “Global Finance Deal of the Year” by The American Lawyer
- Jefferies Finance LLC in its senior debt refinancing for Isola USA Corp., a global material sciences company