Bradd Williamson is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Williamson is Global Co-Chair of the Benefits, Compensation & Employment Practice and Chair of the New York Tax Department.
Mr. Williamson’s practice focuses on representing companies, sponsors, compensation committees, and executives in connection with employee benefits and executive compensation matters. In particular, Mr. Williamson regularly advises private equity funds and publicly held corporations in connection with the design and drafting of equity-based and other incentive compensation arrangements and with respect to the tax, securities, and corporate law issues that arise in connection with the establishment and administration of such plans.
Mr. Williamson also frequently advises companies with respect to benefits issues in corporate mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, initial public offerings, and other corporate transactions, and he often represents employers and executives in connection with the negotiation of executive employment agreements. His practice includes all matters affecting the design, implementation, and administration of employee benefits plans, including non-qualified deferred compensation plans and the related Section 409A issues.
Recognized by Chambers USA for Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, Mr. Williamson is regarded for regularly advising on incentive-based compensation for both public and private groups as well as his lively deal-based practice.
Mr. Williamson represents numerous financial institutions and private equity firms on employee benefits and executive compensation matters, including:
- Apollo Global Management, LLC
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
- GTCR Golder Rauner, LLC
- Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Leonard Green & Partners, L.P.
- Odyssey Investment Partners LLC
- The Blackstone Group
- The Carlyle Group
Mr. Williamson also represents many public and private companies in their mergers and acquisitions, on related employee benefits, and executive compensation matters, including:
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Camping World
- Shake Shack
- Neff Corporation
- The Container Store
- Hubbell Inc.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals
- Manchester United plc
- Tanger Factory Outlets
- Nord Anglia
- Federal Court Blocks Department of Labor Regulations that Would Increase Exempt Employee Minimum Salaries (23 Nov 2016)
- Examining the Impact of the 2016 US Elections on Executive Compensation (14 Nov 2016)
- Recent Developments in US Law Affecting Pension and OPEB Claims in Restructurings (1 Dec 2015)
- SEC Adopts CEO Pay Ratio Disclosure Rules (12 Aug 2015)
- Director Compensation After Calma v. Templeton: Proactive Steps to Consider (28 May 2015)