Bianca Lee is an associate in the Data & Technology Transactions Practice in the firm’s Hong Kong office.
Ms. Lee focuses on a variety of corporate matters, including data privacy, technology, telecommunications, and regulatory matters.
Ms. Lee’s experience includes advising clients on cross-border data privacy compliance, with a focus on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection laws in the APAC region, including the Hong Kong PDPO.
Alongside data privacy, Ms. Lee also has experience advising clients on regulatory compliance issues relating to telecommunications, information technology, telemedicine, and payments. She also advises on commercial law and on M&A transactions.
Ms. Lee’s clients span various sectors, with a principal focus on technology, gaming, telecommunications, fintech, and healthcare.
Ms. Lee's representative experience includes advising
- A global technology and internet group, on the development of its new cloud conference tool, including obtaining telecommunications licenses in multiple jurisdictions and conducting a global privacy review to determine the privacy and regulatory risks of the product launch in over 180 countries
- A global technology company on its global privacy compliance program for its product launches, including cloud services, social media communications, and gaming products, with a focus on GDPR, CCPA, and data protection compliance in Asia, as well as advising on the company’s telecommunications and payments regulatory compliance for various product offerings
- A global technology company on telecommunications licensing requirements and regulatory risks on the offering of over 80 cloud services in 16 countries
- A PRC based technology giant known for its short video apps on its global privacy compliance program and launch of its online video and e-commerce platform across the Middle East and Latin America region
- A global insurance company on the launch of a telemedicine consultation platform in 10 jurisdictions in Asia
- An Australian-based fintech payment services provider on data privacy issues relating to its general compliance program and data centre set up
- A global technology and internet group, on the regulatory licensing and privacy risks on the offering of a business collaboration tool in 39 countries
- Tencent Holdings in its US$1.38 billion take private of Leyou Technologies, a Hong Kong listed game developer and distributor
- Tencent Holdings in its US$1 billion acquisition of iflix Sdn Bhd, a Malaysia-based company providing video streaming services in 13 countries