Becky Critchley is an associate and member of the Financial Regulatory Practice in the London office of Latham & Watkins. Ms. Critchley specializes in financial services regulatory advice and has experience advising a range of financial institutions, from brokers to private banks to asset managers, on a variety of domestic and cross-border regulatory issues.
Ms. Critchley advises investment banks, governments, corporate finance houses, clearing houses, fund managers, insurers, stockbrokers and online trading business on a variety of legal and regulatory risk management matters, with particular expertise in the FCA’s Conduct of Business Rules, European regulatory developments such as MiFID and MAR, and regulated consumer lending, for example under the Consumer Credit Act and mortgage lending.
Ms. Critchley also advises in relation to contentious regulatory issues, such as contested FCA enforcement matters, and new initiatives such as RegTech and FinTech.
Ms. Critchley’s recent highlights have included advising:
- A number of financial services clients in relation to important MiFID preparation and implementation projects
- A global bank with their implementation of the IOSCO Principles for Financial Benchmarks. Involving a gap analysis and challenge of all levels of implementation as well as the production of the public statement of compliance with the IOSCO Principles on a principle by principle basis
- A Head of Compliance in relation to contemplated FCA enforcement action*
- A global private bank in relation to the restructuring of its private banking offering*
- A new discretionary asset manager on its successful application to the FCA for authorization*
*Deal completed prior to joining Latham