Barton Clark advises clients on a full range of investment management matters, from the formation of sponsors and funds to a variety of strategic transactions.
Drawing on 25 years’ experience, Mr. Clark develops practical and commercially driven solutions for private equity funds and their sponsors and advisers. He brings vast experience across a range of fund types and investment areas, with a particular focus on energy and infrastructure.
An adaptive problem solver, Mr. Clark helps both established and emerging sponsors achieve the objectives for their funds in combination with their broader business needs and goals. His practice includes:
- Fund formation
- Portfolio investment structuring
- Sponsor equity
- Governance arrangements
- Joint ventures
- Other strategic transactions, including secondary transactions and special purpose acquisition company transactions
- Registration and compliance matters under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940
An internationally acclaimed funds lawyer, Mr. Clark has been recognized by such publications as Chambers Global, Chambers USA, and The Legal 500 US.
He has authored a number of articles on the private fund industry.
Mr. Clark also regularly provides pro bono counsel to nonprofit organizations, including The Nature Conservancy.
Representative clients include:
- AIMPERA Capital Partners
- AUA Private Equity Partners
- Chambers Energy Management
- GEF Capital Partners
- Juniper Capital
- L Catterton
- LLR Partners
- Riverstone Holdings
- The Carlyle Group