Ashley J. Nguyen is an associate in Latham & Watkins’ Houston office and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Ms. Nguyen advises clients on strategic transactions across the energy and infrastructure sector.
Ms. Nguyen has broad experience in domestic and cross-border transactions in the energy and infrastructure industry. She regularly advises companies, private equity firms, and venture capital investors on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and development projects for oil and gas, carbon capture and sequestration, and renewables assets (including renewable natural gas, renewable fuel, and solar).
Ms. Nguyen’s experience prior to joining Latham includes serving as in-house counsel for BHP in its Houston, Singapore, and Mexico City offices. During her time at BHP, she supported the company’s entry into Mexico in the first-ever joint venture with Mexico’s national oil company.
- Named one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers
The National Diversity Council 2019
- Selected as a member of the Leadership Class
Institute for Energy Law 2019-2020
Ms. Nguyen’s experience includes advising:
- Chevron U.S.A — Joint venture with Microsoft, Schlumberger, and Clean Energy for a bioenergy with carbon capture and sequestration project designed to produce carbon-negative power in Mendota, California
- Amp Americas — Acquisition of waste to carbon-negative renewable natural fuel assets from Generate Capital, and associated investment by Generate Capital into Amp Americas
- Amp Americas — Acquisition of a waste into carbon-negative renewable natural gas and electricity assets from Vitol
- Aeva, Inc. — US$1.7 billion deSPAC merger with InterPrivate Acquisition Corp.
- Pacific Drilling — Pre-arranged chapter 11 restructuring to address over US$1.1 billion of funded debt obligations and other legacy liabilities
- Partners Group — Acquisition of Resilient Infrastructure Group, a water infrastructure platform focused on acquiring, developing, financing, and operating distributed water-related facilities in the US and Canada
- Resilient Infrastructure Group — Acquisition of wastewater-to-renewable natural gas plant
- BHP — Joint Operating Agreement with Chevron for deepwater Gulf of Mexico exploration and development projects
- Sabine Oil & Gas Corp. — Midstream joint venture with Align Midstream Partners II, LLC for the completion of the TOPS Pipeline
- Chisholm Energy, LLC — Multi-well farmout and joint development arrangement with an undisclosed E&P company involving Permian Basin assets
- SK Innovation — US$1.1 billion pending divestiture of Blocks 56 and 88 located in Peru to Pluspetrol Corporation*
- Repsol E&P USA Inc.:
- Alignment transaction and multi-billion dollar development arrangements with Oil Search (Alaska) for the Nanushuk Field in Alaska’s North Slope*
- Exchange transaction and joint development arrangement with LLOG Exploration involving several deep-water blocks in the Gulf of Mexico*
- ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC — Third Coast Midstream’s acquisition of midstream assets located in Alabama and Mississippi from Southcross Energy in bankruptcy 363 sale*
- Rosehill Resources Inc. — Acreage exchange and multi-well farmout transaction involving Permian Basin assets*
- International E&P Company — Multiple joint operating agreements covering exploration and discovered resource blocks in the US Gulf of Mexico*
- Independent E&P Company — Multi-billion dollar long-term marketing agreement to sell crude for export and downstream sales internationally*
- BHP Billiton — Commercial agreements for the first well drilled by an international operator in Mexico deep-water fields*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham