Ashley J. Nguyen is an associate in Latham & Watkins’ Houston office and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Ms. Nguyen advises clients on strategic transactions across the energy sector.
Ms. Nguyen has broad experience in domestic and cross-border transactions in the energy industry. She regularly advises on mergers and acquisitions for onshore and offshore upstream, midstream, LNG, and produced water assets, as well as complex commercial transactions for development operations and crude marketing arrangements.
Ms. Nguyen’s experience prior to joining Latham includes serving as in-house counsel for BHP in its Houston, Singapore, and Mexico City offices. During her time at BHP, she supported the company’s entry into Mexico in the first-ever joint venture with Mexico’s national oil company.
She also serves on the Young Alumni Board for the University of Oklahoma College of Law.
- Named one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers
The National Diversity Council 2019
- Selected as a member of the Leadership Class
Institute for Energy Law 2019-2020
Ms. Nguyen’s experience includes advising:
Aeva, Inc. — US$1.7 billion deSPAC merger with InterPrivate Acquisition Corp.
- Pacific Drilling — Pre-arranged chapter 11 restructuring to address over US$1.1 billion of funded debt obligations and other legacy liabilities
- Partners Group — Acquisition of Resilient Infrastructure Group, a water infrastructure platform focused on acquiring, developing, financing, and operating distributed water-related facilities in the US and Canada
- Resilient Infrastructure Group — Acquisition of wastewater-to-renewable natural gas plant
- Sabine Oil & Gas Corp. — Midstream joint venture with Align Midstream Partners II, LLC for the completion of the TOPS Pipeline
- Chisholm Energy, LLC — Multi-well farmout and joint development arrangement with an undisclosed E&P company involving Permian Basin assets
- SK Innovation — US$1.1 billion pending divestiture of Blocks 56 and 88 located in Peru to Pluspetrol Corporation*
- Repsol E&P USA Inc.:
- Alignment transaction and multi-billion dollar development arrangements with Oil Search (Alaska) for the Nanushuk Field in Alaska’s North Slope*
- Exchange transaction and joint development arrangement with LLOG Exploration involving several deep-water blocks in the Gulf of Mexico*
- ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC — Third Coast Midstream’s acquisition of midstream assets located in Alabama and Mississippi from Southcross Energy in bankruptcy 363 sale*
- Rosehill Resources Inc. — Acreage exchange and multi-well farmout transaction involving Permian Basin assets*
- Private equity fund — Equity investment in a joint venture company to develop a 3.0 gigawatt LNG-fueled power plant located in Vietnam*
- International E&P Company — Multiple joint operating agreements covering exploration and discovered resource blocks in the US Gulf of Mexico*
- BHP Billiton — Licensing bid rounds for several deep-water blocks in deep-water Mexico*
- Independent E&P Company — Multi-billion dollar long-term marketing agreement to sell crude for export and downstream sales internationally*
- BHP Billiton — Commercial agreements for the first well drilled by an international operator in Mexico deep-water fields*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham