Anna James is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm's Litigation & Trial Department.
Ms. James is a Solicitor Advocate in the Higher Courts of England and Wales, and she has represented a broad range of clients, including public bodies, charities, and international corporates.
In 2013, Ms. James was awarded the Wig & Pen Prize by the City of London Law Society in recognition of her commitment to pro bono work.
Ms. Jame’s recent experience includes:
- Advising a Saudi Arabian bank in relation to a claim brought by liquidators of a Cayman Islands company in the English High Court arising from the Al-Sanea / Al-Gosaibi dispute ( EWHC 540,  EWCA Civ 1516)
- Acting for a major airline in civil claims in the English High Court for damages arising out of the Commission’s infringement decision imposing €799 million on air cargo carriers for a global price fixing cartel on fuel surcharges
- Acting for international corporates in a jurisdictional dispute under the Brussels Regulation (Recast)
- Advising organizations on their obligations under the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights
- Acting for a global corporate in obtaining injunctive relief in response to an international fraud
- Acting for bondholders in relation to litigation concerning financial instruments
- Acting for a private client on international probate and tax law issues
- Advising on defamation law in the UK and a number of other jurisdictions in which potentially defamatory material had been published
- Advising a public body in relation to its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 following a high-profile threatened judicial review*
- Acting for a large multi-national corporation in a long-running shareholder dispute*
- Advising a leading bank in respect of high-profile disputes arising out of the sale of a football club*
- Advising an African state in relation to torture claims by its citizens against a former colonial power. Helped secure victories in the English High Court resulting in settlement*
- Acting for an oil company consortia in a dispute over rights arising from production sharing agreements in West Africa*
- Advising an oil company consortia following allegations of bribery and corruption by a whistleblower*
- Acting for Centrepoint in a contractual dispute (resulting in settlement)
- Advising the Office of the Children’s Commissioner in an intervention before the Court of Appeal (Criminal Division) concerning prosecution of child victims of human trafficking*
- Acting for a recognized victim of domestic servitude in enforcement action against the abuser*
*matter completed while at another firm