Ann Buckingham is a corporate partner with extensive experience representing companies on joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, LLC and partnership structures, capital markets transactions, technology transactions, and general corporate and securities matters. Ms. Buckingham serves as primary outside corporate counsel for a range of public and private companies, with a particular focus on the communications, technology, real estate, and gaming sectors.
Ms. Buckingham advises public and private companies on a broad range of transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, collaborations, debt and equity offerings, private placements, and bank financings, as well as on day-to-day corporate governance matters. In addition, Ms. Buckingham has over two decades of experience advising telecom companies on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters, and has advised numerous telecom regulators and governments in the developing world on regulatory reform and on liberalization and privatization initiatives.
Ms. Buckingham has been the lead author of chapters on telecom regulation in emerging markets in Telecommunications Law and Regulation since 2005 (current edition: 5 ed., 2018, OUP).
Ms. Buckingham’s joint venture and M&A experience includes advising:
- Digital Realty on its US$1.8 billion joint venture with funds managed by Brookfield Asset Management regarding Ascenty, the premier Brazilian data center provider
- Digital Realty on its US$1 billion joint venture with Mapletree Investments regarding a portfolio of hyper-scale data centers
- Viasat on various acquisitions relating to broadband satellite, WiFi and internet access networks, and encryption technologies
- Huntsman Family Investments on its acquisition of GTA TeleGuam
- Brightstar on various acquisitions and joint ventures
- T-Mobile on its spectrum transactions with DISH Network Corporation
- Zhone Technologies on its merger with Dasan Network Solutions
- Cricket Communications on numerous acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, and “designated entity” structures
- Golden Entertainment on its merger with Lakes Entertainment
- Peninsula Pacific on various gaming joint ventures
In addition, Ms. Buckingham has advised corporate clients on numerous primary and secondary equity offerings, Rule 144 offerings of secured and unsecured high yield debt, private placements, and bank and export credit agency financings.
In the communications sector, Ms. Buckingham has extensive experience advising facilities-based operators and service providers on a wide range of transactions, including spectrum sale, leasing and swap transactions, network sharing and build-out transactions, MVNO, wholesale, resale and roaming agreements, and music streaming services.
- Lead author, “Telecommunications Reform in Emerging Markets” chapter in Telecommunications Law and Regulation (5 ed., 2018, OUP)