Andrew Moyle, recognized as a globally leading fintech and technology transactions lawyer, draws on more than 25 years of experience advising clients around the globe who develop, use, and exploit technology. He serves as Latham’s senior executive-level representative on the World Economic Forum’s Centre for the Fourth Industrial Revolution’s Blockchain Council.
Mr. Moyle advises clients on technology-related commercial contracts and collaborations, outsourcing, digital and disruptive technology, telecommunications technology, enterprise systems, and cloud computing.
With experience handling sprawling, complex cross-border technology deals in multiple industries, Mr. Moyle is regularly ranked in leading legal publications. Clients note his strategic project management skills, subject matter knowledge, and credibility that gets deals done.
He serves as Global Co-Chair of the firm’s Fintech Industry Group, heads Latham’s Outsourcing Practice, and is a key member of the Data & Technology Transactions Practice, roles which contribute to his ability to effectively leverage the firm’s global platform.
As a leading thinker at the intersection of technology and the law, Mr. Moyle regularly writes and speaks on fintech and disruptive technologies, including at key industry conferences in the United States, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Ranked – Hall of Fame for IT and Telecoms, Commercial Contracts and Fintech
The Legal 500 UK 2021-2022
- Ranked – Leading Individual for IT and Telecoms and Outsourcing
Chambers UK 2021
- Ranked Lawyer for FinTech Legal
Chambers FinTech 2021
- "An excellent lawyer." "Very pragmatic and very well ahead of trends."
Chambers UK 2021
Mr. Moyle’s experience includes advising:
- A leading retail and investment bank on the re-negotiation of its complex multi-billion dollar global outsourcing of the bank’s investment banking IT infrastructure to HPE’s Helion private cloud solution
- A UK-headquartered global investment and retail bank on the migration of its entire data center estate to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Commercial Contracts and Collaborations
- A UK-headquartered travel company on the re-organization of its airline tour operators
- A Middle East government entity on the engagement of various third parties to provide technical and advisory services ahead of a major sporting event
- Multiple companies on all aspects of their involvement in a flagship global digital currency initiative
- A global retail and investment bank on its migration to Microsoft O365, a major IT transformation project across its entire infrastructure and end-user environment
- A Chinese technology and internet giant on the global roll-out of its offline and online payment rails for Chinese customers who are holidaying abroad
- A UK-headquartered insurance company on its competitive RFP process to select a supplier for the outsourcing of its entire data center estates and consolidation of its hosting services from multiple suppliers
- A leading medical device manufacturer in connection with the extension of its existing finance and accounting services agreement in APAC with Genpact International
A leading FMCG company in relation to its network outsourcing to AT&T
- A leading global airline based in the United Arab Emirates on the outsourcing of its passenger services system, which was developed in-house with an outside supplier