Andrew Clark is an associate and member of the Corporate Department in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins. He previously spent five years in the firm’s London office.
Mr. Clark’s practice encompasses mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate governance, and securities laws matters. He has extensive experience with cross-border M&A, with a particular focus on technology and/or private equity backed transactions.
Mr. Clark has spent time on secondment to both a global investment bank (focusing on capital market, restructuring, and leveraged finance transactions) and a world-leading R&W insurance underwriter (underwriting transactions with an aggregate value in excess of US$15 billion).
Mr. Clark’s representative transactions include advising:
- Mayfair Equity partners in its acquisition of Pixomondo, an international visual effects company
- Sony Pictures Entertainment in its purchase of AT&T’s minority interest in their joint venture that owned Game Show Network
- Stuff Media in connection with its sale to iHeart Media
- Advantage Sales & Marketing on the establishment of its European joint venture with the Smollan Group
- Catterton Partners in its combination with L Capital and L Real Estate, the private equity operations of LVMH and Groupe Arnault, to form the joint venture, L Catterton
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of the Chesapeake paperboard packaging business, the subsequent merger of such business with Multi-Packaging Solutions group and the ultimate initial public offering of the merged group
- Shamrock Capital on its sale of its ownership stake in Consilio, a provider of eDiscovery, document review and legal consulting services
- Insomniac Games on its acquisition by Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Sobi in its US$1.5 billion acquisition of RSV Products from AstraZeneca
- Allergan PLC in its US$40.5 billion sale of its Global Generic Pharmaceuticals Business to Teva
- Expedia in its acquisition of SilverRail Technologies
- Leonard Green & Partners in its acquisitions of, or investments in, Caliber Collision, Wrench Group, and CPA Global
- System1 in its acquisition of Infospace and other acquisitions, equity financing transactions, and general corporate matters
- Marlin Equity Partners in its acquisitions of Inkling Systems, Skuid, Hot Schedules, and Fourth Limited
- Transom Capital in its acquisition of Beauty Quest Group and its disposal of Martin Audio
- Onex Corporation in its acquisition of Survitec Group
- Repsol Nuevas Energías, S.A. in its acquisition of SeaEnergy Renewables Limited, a project development company operating in the UK offshore wind energy sector and in the establishment of a strategic joint venture with EDP Renovaveis SA for the development of offshore wind projects in the UK