Dr. Andreas Lönner is a counsel in the Hamburg office and practices in the Corporate Department.
Mr. Lönner specializes in mergers and acquisitions and general corporate advice. He has specific expertise in stock corporation and capital markets law as well as complex reorganizations.
Prior to joining Latham & Watkins, Mr. Lönner was an assistant to Prof. Dr. Gerald Spindler at the chair of corporate law at the University of Göttingen. During his practical legal training Mr. Lönner worked at a law firm in San Francisco.
Mr. Lönner's experience includes advising:
- RHÖN-KLINIKUM AG (supervisory board) in connection with attempted public takeover by Fresenius
- RHÖN-KLINIKUM AG on its €3.07 billion sale of major assets to Fresenius /HELIOS and on its share buyback program with tender rights admitted to trading on the stock exchange and a volume of approximately €1.7 billion
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. on conclusion of a domination agreement with Design Hotels AG
- Kalina International S.A. on squeeze-out and subsequent sale of Dr. Scheller Cosmetics AG to Coty Germany GmbH
- Capvis Equity Partners on sale of a majority stake in WMF AG to a fund advised by KKR
- Corsair Capital LLC on capital increases of MPC Capital AG including on exemption from the mandatory tender duty
- DAK Deutsche Angestellten Krankenkasse on the merger with BKK Gesundheit and BKK Axel Springer
- Pohl-Boskamp GmbH & Co. KG and the majority of its shareholders in the context of a buy-out of one of the minority shareholders and the financing of the transaction
- Hansestadt Lübeck on sale of Lübeck airport by way of an Asset Deal