Amy Watkins is a knowledge management lawyer in the Tax Department of Latham & Watkins’ London office. Ms. Watkins has extensive experience advising on the tax aspects of M&A and private equity deals, reorganizations, capital markets offerings, and finance transactions. She has also acted for a broad range of corporate and financial clients.
Prior to joining the knowledge management team, Ms. Watkins was an associate in the Tax Department. Before joining full-time in 2009, she was a trainee solicitor at the firm.
Ms. Watkins’ representative transactions include advising:
- Netflix on the acquisition of Millarworld, the comic book company founded by Mark Millar, creator of a number of iconic characters and stories, including Kick-Ass, Kingsman, and Old Man Logan, which is the first ever acquisition by Netflix
- Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. in its acquisition of a controlling stake in TVN S.A., the largest TV network and media company in Poland, for €584 million
- Leonard Green & Partners in its acquisition of a 25% interest in Topshop/Topman Ltd., from the Arcadia Group
- Merkle Group Inc. on the acquisition of Comet, a leading CRM technology consultancy
- Carlyle International Energy Partners in the acquisition of Shell Upstream Gabon and a 75% stake in Shell Gabon, by portfolio company Assala Energy Holdings
- Chevron on the US$900 million sale of its refinery and fuels network in South Africa and Botswana
- Onex Corporation on its €3.75 billion acquisition of SIG Combibloc Group AG, the second largest provider of aseptic carton packaging globally
- Onex Corporation in connection with its £1.35 billion acquisition of Parkdean Resorts, a leading UK operator of caravan holiday parks
- Sienna Biopharmaceuticals in connection with its acquisition of Creabilis plc, a privately held specialty pharmaceutical company
- Actavis on the divestment of part of its Western European generics sale and marketing business to Aurobindo
- The Carlyle Group and Hellman & Friedman on its US$3.9 billion acquisition of Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. (a leading global contract research organisation)
- EQT on the bond and bank refinancing of Limacorporate S.p.A, one of its portfolio companies, having acted for EQT on the original buy-out financing
- An ad hoc committee of holders of €1.3 billion notes issued by Lighthouse International Company S.A. and guaranteed on a subordinated basis by SEAT Pagine Gialle S.p.A., a publicly listed Italian directories business, in connection with its financial restructuring