Alfred Xue is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins. He represents lead arrangers, direct lenders, and other financial institutions in leveraged finance transactions, with a particular focus on cross-border transactions and acquisition financings. Mr. Xue is a member of the Banking, Capital Markets, and Restructuring & Special Situations Practice Groups.
Mr. Xue's representative clients include various investment banks, direct lenders, leading domestic banks, and leading European financial institutions, including:
- Barclays Bank
- Golub Capital Markets
- HPS Investment Partners
- Jefferies Finance
- JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Morgan Stanley
- Royal Bank of Canada
He is also member of Latham’s Finance Department’s Opinions and Confirmations Committee. Mr. Xue has been recommended as a Next Generation Partner for Commercial Lending by The Legal 500 US since 2017. In 2019, he was named a Rising Star by the New York Law Journal.
Recent leveraged finance representations include:
- Citibank in the term loan and revolving credit facility in connection with CCMP Capital Advisors, LLC’s US$1 billion acquisition of BGIS, an integrated facilities management company, to refinance existing debt
- JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, Barclays, and Citi in the US$10 billion financing package in connection with the acquisition of the Power Solutions business of Johnson Controls
- Credit Suisse in a term loan and revolving credit facility, concurrent with an equity offering, in connection with SS&C Technologies, Inc.’s US$8.2 billion acquisition of DST Systems, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley in a US$970 million term loan and revolving credit facility for 24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, Inc.
- Barclays Bank in a US$525 million term loan and revolving credit facility in connection with EnCap Investments L.P.'s acquisition of Oxy Ingleside Energy Center
- Citibank, N.A. in a US$125 million ABL revolving credit facility in connection with Loews Corporation’s acquisition of Consolidated Container Company
- Jefferies Finance in a US$1.35 billion term loan and revolving credit facility in connection with Blackstone Capital Partners' acquisition of EagleClaw Midstream Ventures LLC
- North American Bancard in a term loan and revolving credit facility in connection with its acquisition of Total Merchant Services, Inc.
- Royal Bank of Canada in a US$150 million revolving credit facility in connection with RegionalCare Hospital Partners' acquisition of Capella Healthcare
- Credit Suisse in a US$1.7 billion term loan and revolving credit facility in connection with Francisco Partners and Elliot Management's acquisition of Dell Software Group
- Citibank in the US$3 billion term loans and revolving credit facility in connection with CVC Capital Partners Limited and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board's acquisition of PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
- Barclays Bank PLC in a term loan and revolving credit facility for The Hertz Corporation
- Citibank in a US$1.75 billion asset based loan for Herc Rentals Inc.
- Citibank in the US$1.4 billion term loans and revolving credit facility in connection with PQ Corporation's acquisition of Eco Services Operations LLC
- Citibank, N.A. in a US$2.2 billion term loan and revolving credit facility, concurrent with a US$450 million senior bond offering, in connection with Revlon's acquisition of Elizabeth Arden
- Various mezzanine funds in special situations lending transactions
Recent direct lending representations include:
- Golub Capital in numerous direct lending and unitranche financing transactions
- HPS Investment Partners in numerous direct lending and unitranche financing transactions
- Other direct lenders and alternative asset managers in direct lending, mezzanine finance, and special situations transactions
“Expert Q&A on Direct Lending” Thomson Reuters Practical Law, 2017