Alexander Benedetti is a partner in the Paris office of Latham & Watkins. He primarily handles mergers and acquisitions, with particular emphasis on private equity and leveraged buyout (LBO) acquisitions. He regularly advises companies in a variety of general corporate matters, including governance issues, joint venture, recapitalization, restructuring transactions, securities law, and regulatory issues.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Benedetti practiced for eight years at a leading global law firm.
Named in The Legal 500 EMEA 2020-2021.
Mr. Benedetti’s experience includes advising:
- Karnov Group in the context of its offer to acquire the legal information businesses of Thomson Reuters in Spain and Wolters Kluwer in Spain and France
- Vivalto Santé, the third leading group of private hospitals in France, in its acquisition by Vivalto Partners alongside a consortium of minority shareholders
- Montefiore in its investment in Federation Entertainment
- Silverfleet Capital in the sale of Coventya to Element Solutions Inc.
- The founders and TA Associates in the investment of Antin Infrastructure Partners in Babilou, a leading private network of daycare facilities and Early Years Education in Europe
- SHD in its acquisition of a majority stake in Pragma Informatique
- Eurazeo Capital in its acquisition of Dutch Ophthalmic Research Center (DORC), a medical technology company from Montagu
- Imerys in the sale of its Roofing division to Lone Star Funds
- Eurazeo in the sale of game publisher Asmodee group to PAI Partners
- Comdata, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its acquisition of the B2S and Izium groups
- Shandong Ruyi Investment Holding in its acquisition of a majority stake in Bally International
- Vivalto Santé in its exclusivity agreement with Capio AB for the acquisition of Capio Santé SA
- Shandong Ruyi Group, one of the largest textile manufacturers in China, in its acquisition of SMCP Group (Sandro, Maje, Claudie Pierlot), a global leading company in the accessible luxury sector, from KKR and other investors and its subsequent IPO on the regulated market of Euronext Paris
- Autogrill in its acquisition of Le Crobag F&B activities in the German railway stations from Soufflet Group
- Acquisition by a consortium of investors led by FEF Capital of Groupe Vivalto Santé, a France-based operator of health clinics
- Imerys in the sale of its Imerys Structure activity to Bouyer Leroux
- Maisons du Monde in its IPO on the regulated market of Euronext Paris
- Fives in its acquisition of Mag Americas