Bora Bozkurt is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins. He covers the tax aspects of capital markets, derivatives, and financing transactions worldwide.
Mr. Bozkurt focuses on US federal income taxation with a particular emphasis on international and corporate tax. His practice encompasses a wide range of cross-border and US domestic transactions, including financing transactions, derivatives, private and registered securities offerings, cross-border tax planning and restructuring, and other structured finance transactions.
Mr. Bozkurt is a member of the Tax Forum.
Mr. Bozkurt's experience includes representing:
- Underwriters in the IPO of Saudi Aramco, considered the largest IPO in history
- Lenders in the financing of Apollo’s acquisition of Tech Data, considered the largest ABL in the last three years and one of largest in history
- The Carlyle Group in its currency hedging transactions in connection with AkzoNobel specialty chemicals division acquisition
Mr. Bozkurt is a regular speaker at tax conferences and has authored numerous articles addressing taxation of financial instruments. His recent speaking engagements include:
- Panelist, Practical Law Institute: Taxation of Financial Products, “Taxation of Currency Hedging and Beyond,” January 2020
- Panelist, DC Bar Financial Products, “Current Issues Relating to Section 305(c),” October 2019
- Panelist, Federal Bar Association, “Recent Developments in Financial Transactions (Mostly) Outside of Tax Reform,” Annual Tax Law Conference, March 2019, Washington, DC
- Panelist, American Bar Association, “Debt-Related Fees,” Fall Tax Law Conference, October 2018, Atlanta, GA