Ora T. Fisher, Vice Chair at Latham & Watkins and a member of its Executive Committee, helps to shape the firm’s strategic direction and manage its global platform. In her role, Ms. Fisher focuses on strategic planning, client relations, lateral partner recruitment and integration, partner performance, and communications. She has held multiple senior leadership roles on firmwide committees during her tenure at Latham, which began in 1991.
Ms. Fisher guided the firm’s Silicon Valley office through tremendous growth while serving as its Office Managing Partner from 2004-2009. Prior to being elected as a Vice Chair, her transactional practice centered on mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, and general corporate matters for private and public companies in Silicon Valley.
Ms. Fisher was an internal consultant and a public finance banking officer at JP Morgan for four years prior to attending law school.
In addition to her recognition by The California Diversity Council, Ms. Fisher was named among the 2014-2019 Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America for playing a “key role in Latham ascending to new heights and influence globally.” She was also recognized in 2012 and 2013 as one of the firm’s “top talents.” She was also named among Diversity Journal’s 2013 list of Women Worth Watching in the legal industry.
Ms. Fisher's experience includes representing:
- National Semiconductor in numerous M&A and financing transactions, including its sale to Texas Instruments
- Yahoo! in its acquisitions of InterClick, Right Media, and Maktoob and its disposition of HotJobs
- QLT in its acquisition of Atrix Laboratories and its disposition of certain businesses
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company in its acquisition of Syrrx
- Conceptus, a public medical device company, and Symmetricom, a public network synchronization and timing solutions company, in a broad variety of significant matters