Kenneth E. Blohm retired from partnership on September 30, 2012. He specialized in project finance, leveraged finance and leasing transactions. Mr. Blohm was the Chair of the San Francisco Finance Department and was consistently recognized by International Financial Law Review (IFLR) and Who’s Who Legal as one of Latham’s leading lawyers in project finance.
In the project finance and leasing sectors, Mr. Blohm's clients included commercial bank lenders, multilateral agencies, government project finance lenders, project advisors and project sponsors. He has extensive experience in the financing of electricity, oil and gas and petrochemical projects around the world. Representative clients included Bank of America, BNP Paribas, BP Solar, DZ Bank, Goldman Sachs, Royal Bank of Scotland and Société Générale.
In the leveraged finance sector, Mr. Blohm represented borrowers, private equity investors and lenders in leveraged acquisition financings and other loan transactions. Representative clients included Behrman Capital, The Clorox Company, Crediamigo, Encore Consumer Capital, Goldman Sachs, Ross Stores, Spansion, Spectrum Equity Investors and TIVO.
Mr. Blohm's representative matters include advising:
- DZ Bank in the financing of three gas-fired peaking power generation facilities in California
- Royal Bank of Scotland as lead arranger in the financing of the Orange Grove power project in San Diego
- Royal Bank of Scotland as lead arranger in the financing of the acquisition by Southwest Generation of seven power projects in Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada and California
- Royal Bank of Scotland in a financing supported by available distributions from Invenergy’s Spindle Hill, Cannon Falls and Hardee power projects
- ABN AMRO Bank, the Private Export Funding Corporation and FMO (the Dutch development bank) in the financing of the West Seno Deepwater Project, an oil and gas production and pipeline development off the coast of Indonesia
- BNP Paribas as lead arranger in the limited recourse financing of a 760MW power project near Ankara, Turkey. The financing is supported by the export credit agencies of the United States, Germany, Austria and Belgium and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
- A major online retailer in master lease arrangements with six leasing companies to finance servers and other technology equipment used in data centers worldwide
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation on master lease arrangements with several major leasing companies for medical equipment used in its hospitals across the US
- Société Générale as the lead lender in the leveraged lease financing of the Front Runner deepwater spar in the Gulf of Mexico
- Société Générale and Rabobank in the lease financing of a poultry production facility in Alabama