Clayton Heery, an associate in the Houston office, focuses on corporate transactions involving the energy, infrastructure, and technology sectors.
Mr. Heery advises clients on a range of strategic corporate transactions, including public and private M&A matters and capital markets offerings. Specifically, he guides clients on mergers and acquisitions, including SPAC business combinations, IPOs and follow-on equity offerings, and debt offerings. In addition, Mr. Heery advises clients on corporate governance, periodic reporting, and other matters relating to public company status.
Mr. Heery’s experience includes representing:
SPAC Business Combinations
- Innoviz, an Israel-based manufacturer of solid-state LiDAR sensors and perception software, in its US$1.4 billion merger with Collective Growth Corporation
- Latch, maker of LatchOS, the full-building enterprise software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform, in its US$1.56 billion deSPAC combination with TS Innovation Acquisitions Corp.
- Otonomo Technologies, an Israel-based automotive data services platform, in its US$1.4 billion merger with Software Acquisition Group
- USHG Acquisition, a special purpose acquisition company, in its pending merger with Panera Brands
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Andeavor Logistics in its US$1.8 billion acquisition of Western Refining Logistics
- Citizen Energy Operating in its US$1 billion acquisition of Roan Resources, an oil and natural gas exploration and production company
- CNX Resources Corporation in its US$357 million take-private of CNX Midstream Partners
- Equitrans Midstream Corporation in transformative actions, including its US$1.8 billion take-private of EQM Midstream Partners and a share buy back from EQT
- Falcon Minerals Corporation in its pending US$1.9 billion acquisition of Desert Peak Minerals
- PAO TMK in its US$1.2 billion sale of IPSCO Tubulars to Tenaris S.A.
- Rosetta Resources Inc. in its US$3.9 billion sale to Noble Energy
- TransMontaigne Partners in its sale to ArcLight Energy Partners for US$536 million
Equity Capital Markets
- ProPetro Holding Corp. in its US$401 million IPO and registered follow-on equity offerings
- Underwriters in follow-on equity offerings for Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc., Extraction Oil & Gas, Inc., Matador Resources Company, Kimbell Royalty Partners LP, and Solaris Oilfield Infrastructure
Debt Capital Markets
- CNX Resources Corporation in its numerous offerings of senior notes
- Hess Infrastructure Partners LP in its US$800 million senior notes offering
- Quanta Services, Inc. in its US$1.5 billion registered offering of senior notes
- Magellan Midstream Partners in its numerous registered offerings of senior notes
- Initial purchasers in offerings of senior notes by EP Energy, Par Petroleum, LLC, SunCoke Energy Partners, Covey Park, Patterson-UTI Energy, Matador Resources Company, Extraction Oil & Gas, Inc., Eclipse Resources, Sanchez Energy, and Blue Racer Midstream
- Dealer manager in connection with EP Energy's US$1.1 billion exchange offering
- Dealer managers in Northern Oil & Gas, Inc.'s US$345.7 million offer to exchange senior secured notes for preferred stock and cash