Latham & Watkins helps companies driving the digital economy navigate technology regulation in Europe to achieve their critical business objectives. We draw on vast policy, regulatory, corporate, and litigation experience to provide strategic legal advice and advocacy.
As regulatory enforcement of digital markets and technologies intensifies across Europe, companies must adopt a holistic strategy to ensure they comply with an increasing raft of technology-focused EU and national regulation. We bring a deep understanding of the products, services, and business models that underpin the digital economy. Our bespoke advice allows clients to innovate in highly regulated environments.
A Comprehensive Approach to Tech Regulation
Latham advises companies on the development, use, and commercialization of technology. We understand the full spectrum of technologies impacted by the developing regulatory landscape, including AI, VoIP, OTT, IoT, and evolving technologies.
Our multidisciplinary team across Europe combines regulatory insight with data privacy, cyber, IP, and antitrust capabilities to help clients comply with regulation and avoid enforcement related to:
- Product design and service roll-outs
- Data practices, including data privacy and protection
- Content moderation and online safety
- Consumer protection
A Full-Service Platform for Regulatory Needs
We also help clients as they prepare for and respond to the evolving European regulatory landscape, by:
- Assisting with advocacy on new legislative proposals
- Counselling to ensure products comply with new regulatory frameworks
- Advising on changes to governance structures in light of changing technology and increased regulations
- Defending against enforcement actions, both in administrative and court proceedings
- Defending against private enforcement and consumer claims