Latham advises market participants across the oil and gas value chain, drawing on vast experience across disciplines to provide practical and creative advice to clients around the world.
From well-head to LNG, refinery to petrochemicals, Latham advises on every aspect of the oil and gas industry. We focus on building long-term relationships and delivering consistent value for clients operating in the exploration and production, midstream, downstream, oilfield services, and chemicals and fuels sectors, as well as the financial institutions, private equity firms, and government entities that help fuel the industry.
With clients in more than 70 countries, we leverage Latham’s global platform to meet clients where they are and deliver tailored advice and representation. We routinely support clients in “firsts” for their companies, from step-out and strategic transactions, to existential regulatory and litigation matters. Our team works across borders and practice areas, both onshore and offshore, and spans the major producing, financing, and regulatory centers around the United States, the Middle East, Europe, and Asia.
We routinely advise oil and gas market participants on:
- Capital markets transactions and public company representation, including landmark IPOs
- Complex M&A transactions and related acquisition financings
- Project finance transactions
- Corporate and securities law, tax, intellectual property, antitrust, employee benefits, and ESG
- Regulatory matters
- Complex commercial litigation