Chambers USA recognized the firm as a “powerhouse in the capital markets space.”
William N. Finnegan IV is a partner in the Austin and Houston offices of Latham & Watkins. He has an extensive practice covering a broad range of corporate and securities transactions, including the representation of issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, negotiating and structuring public and private company acquisitions, forming and financing joint ventures and partnerships, and advising on general corporate and securities transactions.
Mr. Finnegan has been:
- Recommended for his work in Nationwide Capital Markets and Texas M&A and Capital Markets by Chambers USA from 2005-2022 and Chambers Global from 2014-2023
- “Hailed as one of the deans of the capital markets Bar, he continues to garner praise for his longstanding securities law practice.”
“Brilliant, bright, and creative.”
Chambers USA 2019-2020
- Recognized for his work in Corporate and M&A Transactions Law by The Best Lawyers in America from 2003-2024 (Best Lawyers is by BL Rankings)
- Named among the 500 Leading Dealmakers in America by Lawdragon, 2021-2022, 2024
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer from 2003-2018, 2020
- Named 2019 Lawyer of the Year in Corporate Law by Best Lawyers*
- Recognized by Texas Lawyers’ 2019 Professional Excellence Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Recognized as a market leader by IFLR1000 United States for his work in Capital markets, M&A, and Private Equity (2019, 2023)
Mr. Finnegan is a member of the Texas Bar Foundation, Houston Bar Foundation, and the American Bar Association, and serves as Chair of Latham's Finance Committee.