Victor Razon is a corporate associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Payments & Emerging Financial Services Practice and the Financial Institutions Industry Group.
Mr. Razon advises traditional financial institutions, fintechs, and other companies on a range of regulatory and transactional matters, specifically in the context of emerging payment and consumer and commercial lending services.
Specifically, he guides fintech lenders and money transmitters, cryptocurrency exchanges and trading platforms, e-commerce platforms, technology companies, and banks on developing products and services in accordance with regulatory guidance and applicable laws, including:
- Anti-money laundering laws, such as the federal Bank Secrecy Act
- Funds transfer laws, such as state money transmission laws and the federal Electronic Fund Transfer Act
- Lending laws, such as the federal Truth in Lending Act
- Privacy and information security laws, such as the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Payment network rules, such as the Visa, MasterCard, and NACHA rules
He also helps clients respond to regulatory inquiries, draft and implement compliance policies and procedures, draft and negotiate commercial agreements with their vendors and customers, and monitor ongoing legislative and regulatory developments relevant to their operations.