Firm was honored for its innovative approaches to pro bono client service.
Sadik Huseny is an accomplished trial lawyer and legal advisor who brings deep experience, innovation, and strategic vision to win groundbreaking complex litigation and antitrust disputes.
Mr. Huseny has a two-decade record leading high-profile, high-impact cases in federal and state courts and tribunals across the country. His work is recognized and highlighted in a broad set of mediums and throughout the national press. He has deep experience affirmatively challenging and skillfully defending against federal and state government actions and policies, and has successfully led groundbreaking litigation involving antitrust and competition, mergers, complex civil and class action litigation, and civil rights.
Mr. Huseny’s clients include some of the world’s leading companies at the forefront of the high-tech, travel, manufacturing, semiconductor, energy, media and entertainment, healthcare, and life sciences industries—alongside local governments, nationwide civil rights organizations, and individuals. He provides each of those clients the core value as they define it and wins their most vital challenges and disputes.
His most recent notable achievements include:
- Obtaining a complete trial victory for American Airlines in antitrust merger litigation challenging the US$11 billion American Airlines/US Airways merger (SDNY)
- Leading a nationwide coalition of cities, counties, officials, and civil rights groups against the US Department of Justice (DOJ) in successfully obtaining a TRO, Preliminary injunction, and full-victory settlement ensuring the US government will appropriately conduct a full, fair, and robust 2020 US Census (ND Cal; Ninth Circuit; Supreme Court)
- Achieving full dismissal for Carvana, Inc. of a competitor’s purported class action challenging Carvana’s innovative used-car sales model under unfair competition laws (ED Cal)
- Defending Broadcom in successfully resolving a US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) antitrust investigation over alleged exclusionary practices (FTC)
- Representing The National Association of Broadcasters at trial in the Webcasting V industry ratemaking proceeding (Copyright Royalty Board)
- Leading a class-action lawsuit overturning San Francisco’s pre-arraignment cash bail schedule as unconstitutional, and crafting a non-discriminatory, highly effective replacement system through a complex settlement structure (ND Cal; Ninth Circuit)
Mr. Huseny has been recognized by Who’s Who Legal, The Legal 500, SF Business Times, The Recorder, The Financial Times, and The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights, and his work has been highlighted in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, CNN, NPR, Associated Press, and numerous other national print and broadcast news mediums.
Mr. Huseny has served in multiple management roles at Latham, including as Chair of the San Francisco Pro Bono Committee. Prior to joining Latham, he clerked for Judge Maxine M. Chesney of the US District Court for the Northern District of California.