Rene de Vera is a partner in the Chicago office of Latham & Watkins and is a member of the Tax Department. Mr. de Vera’s practice focuses on transactional tax matters, including advising:
- Domestic and international private and public companies in mergers, acquisitions, and carve-out transactions
- Issuers and underwriters in private and public securities offerings
- Multinational companies in domestic and cross-border tax planning
- Financial institutions and borrowers in bankruptcies and out-of-court restructurings
- Developers and financial institutions in tax equity financing of renewable energy projects
Prior to entering the practice of law, Mr. de Vera cooked professionally in Chicago and worked as a management consultant with Mercer Management Consulting (now Oliver Wyman).