Firm is among this week's legal lions with a win for Facebook in litigation over unwanted text messages.
Patrick Justman advises clients on trademarks and other intellectual property issues, including related litigation, enforcement, prosecution, management, and counseling.
Mr. Justman regularly counsels market-leading companies across industries in matters related to:
- Trademark and trade dress counseling, prosecution, enforcement, and litigation
- False/comparative advertising and unfair competition litigation
- Trade secret counseling and litigation
- Copyright counseling and litigation
- Internet law and domain name recovery and management
- Online defamation and rights of publicity
- Breach of contract and commercial disputes
Mr. Justman draws on substantial experience in all aspects of federal and state civil litigation. He has a strategic sensibility, and creatively and aggressively litigates cases to trial or a favorable resolution.
He has demonstrated extensive skill in both the procedural and substantive aspects of the law before key agencies in multiple jurisdictions, including the:
- United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- European Union Intellectual Property Office
- World Intellectual Property Organization
- National Advertising Division of the Better Business Bureau
Mr. Justman regularly writes and speaks about trademark and intellectual property issues.
Prior to joining the firm, he served in the US Attorney’s Office of the Southern District of California (Civil and Criminal divisions), the US Department of Homeland Security –Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the US District Court of the Southern District of California for the Honorable Marilyn L. Huff.