Michael Scott Feeley retired from the partnership in December 2021. He was a partner in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins advising on environmental law, and former Global Co-Chair of the firm’s Cleantech Industry Group.
Mr. Feeley represented domestic and international clients in:
- Disputes involving environmental issues and claims
- Investigation and remediation of environmental sites
- The transfer, acquisition, financing, siting, and development of property and facilities
Mr. Feeley's substantial experience included:
- Environmental regulation
- Environmental insurance
- Environmental liability transfer agreements
- Other risk transfer and mitigation measures
Mr. Feeley has published numerous legal articles, including several on environmental law, and has lectured widely. At the time of his retirement, he taught Environmental Law at the University of Southern California Law Center and at Southwestern University School of Law and was a former chairman of the International Environmental Law Subsection of the Los Angeles County Bar. Mr. Feeley received the California State Bar Wiley M. Manuel Award for exemplary pro bono service.